HE-400 have let me down, what happened?
Jun 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #16 of 144
I understand the grados design my ears are just unrealistically sensitive. Even pads that dont touch make my ears a little sore after some time haha. And about the vmodas, I will say they werent broken in but they sounded muddy compared to 280s

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #17 of 144
Maybe a D2000/5000 would be your best bet.  By no means are they that refined or realstic sounding, but they at least have the coloration to give the illusion of clarity yet still have a big bass response.

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #22 of 144
So he doesn't want piercing highs, doesn't want neutrality, doesn't want open back and wants punchy bass...and you are recommending Grados?
blink.gif

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #24 of 144
Quote:
Also TMraven, hear the HD 280s. That is what I'm after. I just want a little extra clarity with the same balance and punch. Hell maybe that doesnt exist.

See that's the thing.  You can't really have the extra clarity and balance without sacrificing the bass.  The he-400 as it stands has a very balanced but slightly elevated bass-- but you want more.

The only other thing I can think of besides the old Denons (which definitely are not balanced)  is possibly the Sennheiser momentum, although I think it might make your sensitive ears ache over time, and it also has too much bass for my liking, so it's definitely not balanced either.

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #25 of 144
I don't know how you could not like the V-MODA M-100. I own both the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro and the M-100. The V-MODAs blow the Senns out of the water as far as overall sound quality goes. The way you described the sound signature you're looking for makes it sound like the M-100 would be the perfect headphone for you. I honestly don't know what else to recommend. After I read the OP I thought the M-100s would be perfect for you but then you said you didn't like them. I don't know how to help you now. I really haven't heard better sounding closed back headphones than the M-100s.

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #26 of 144
So he doesn't want piercing highs, doesn't want neutrality, doesn't want open back and wants punchy bass...and you are recommending Grados? :blink:

No one recommended Grados. We just happened to talk about them. Read the thread :rolleyes:

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #27 of 144
He wants serious sub-bass. Like Denon D2000 or D5000. What else is sub-bass focused. Any of the new Denon stuff?

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #29 of 144
Guys I apologize. I think he has a lower quality V Moda model. I dont know what it is but I thought the m 100s were the cheaper ones. I think the 1100swould he a good choice. Sorry lol

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #30 of 144
Quote:
Guys I apologize. I think he has a lower quality V Moda model. I dont know what it is but I thought the m 100s were the cheaper ones. I think the 1100swould he a good choice. Sorry lol

Are they over ear or on ear headphones? The M-100s are the only over ear headphones that V-MODA makes. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back