Hdd player with line out, lossless support, good sq?
Jan 22, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, my bad for not mentioning it, i'm not going to use mp3's, only lossless.

Then the Sony is out. I'd go the iRiver.

Jan 22, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #19 of 36
Quote:

Don't Sonys play wav? Or iRiver can do FLAC, which Sony can't?

NW-HD5 plays mp3s and ACTRAC only. iRiver, when Rockboxed, can play a wide variety, including FLAC.

Jan 22, 2008 at 11:02 AM Post #21 of 36
Quote:

Plus, i'd like to have an opportunity to download big txt. files, and afaik ipod can't do it.

Amazon.com: Sony NW-HD5 Network Walkman 20 GB Digital Music Player (Silver): Electronics ---says Sony can play wav. I'm confused.

Huh? I thought you said you wanted... Quote:

I don't really need wi-fi, recorders, cams....anything. Just music player.

txt files are different to just a music player.

As for WMA and WAV files, they do NOT play natively - when loaded by the Sonic Stage software (
mad.gif
) they are transcoded into ATRAC3plus. Which is why I rate this solely as an mp3 player, and a good one at that! (i.e. avoid Sonic Stage and just use mp3 File Manager).

Jan 23, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #24 of 36
i dont think im allowed to post other websites. but look for *hint *hint Iriver specific websites and look under the sell section you can find the h120's and 3xx series for 80 dollars up. although rare. im thinking about purchasing a 3 series. for 90 bucks what do you think? i have no idea how the comparison is however and dont have the patience to search it out. also look on ebay. i saw one for 90 bucks the h1 series

i highly discourage any dap that uses a specific program to enable the player's full function. i enjoy the Sony sound sig however forget soundstage. i come across situations where people ask for a certain song, sermon, etc from me and with a portable plug and play player like iriver h1xx or h3xx series. it's just a matter of having alive player and a usb cable. im sure most people here own several daps. i have a zen for portability but for total usefulness for recording, line in/out and freakin sweet codec capibility upgradeability monster nothing can beat the iriver h1xx series, especially if your a bargain shopper like me.

Jan 23, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #26 of 36
on the adaptor subpack thingy. There's an A/V out.

Jan 24, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #28 of 36
I use a ZVM with a Qables LOD. You can use WAV on the Creatives, but not OGG/FLAC/AAC.

Jan 24, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #30 of 36
My HD-5 does Atrac lossless... It's kinda pointless though, since using Atrac 352 will give you pretty much perfect/lossless SQ at less discspace.

It's definitely a good piece of kit - and SonicStage is perfectly alright (at least the newer incarnations of it). I prefer it to iTunes actually.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back