HDCD list
Sep 12, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #481 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by juanpoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently bought David Crosby's "If I Could Only Remember My Name" that's tagged HDCD. What a hoot.
eek.gif
It sounds great, but no HDCD light. The web site of its producer, Stephen Barncard (“If I Could Only Remember My Name” Official Website) confirms that this is the standard response. He blames Rhino/Warner Brothers for poor quality control. The album deserves a special award for dashing expectations. Are there other CDs that promise HDCD but fail to deliver?

It is correct that CD is not really HDCD. The DVD-Audio of that album is amazing. If I recall they came together in a set.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #482 of 597
Does anyone know whether the recently released Remastered Beatles CDs are in HDCD, or not.

I know that the remastering was done in 24/192 so I'm hoping that in time they might release these in SACD or DVD-Audio format, but in the meantime it's not inconcievable that the CDs are in HDCD format, is it ?

Anyone know ??

Oct 21, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #485 of 597
Jheena Lodwick - Getting To Know You
Genre: Jazz
HDCD logo on cover, back and disc. HDCD confirmed through ripping with DBPowerAmp.

Oct 21, 2009 at 9:38 AM Post #486 of 597
Wow, I had some HDCDs in my collection and I didn't even know it. Time to turn on that DSP plug-in on dbPowerAmp and get to work!

Just for reference, my Lateralus is marked as a HDCD on the back sleeve. I've never noticed it until now. This is for the Australian release of the CD.

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #487 of 597
My first post here.

Camel - A Nod And A Wink
Camel - Rajaz
David Coverdale - Northwinds
Deep Purple - In Rock (24kt Gold Disc)
Deep Purple - Who Do We Think We Are? (24Kt Gold Disc)
Don Francisco - Only Love Is Spoken Here
Grand Funk Railroad - Bosnia
Grand Funk Railroad - Caught In The Act (2003 24bit Remaster)
Montrose - Montrose (24Kt Gold Disc)
Philip Glass - The Hours (OST)
Roger Hodgson - Rites Of Passage
Steve Vai - The Ultra Zone
Yes - 90125 (24Kt Gold Disc)

Dec 16, 2009 at 10:51 AM Post #488 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by rognvaldr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first post here...

Nice, and welcome!

Dec 30, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #489 of 597
Excellent, substantive first post. Welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rognvaldr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first post here.

Camel - A Nod And A Wink
Camel - Rajaz
David Coverdale - Northwinds
Deep Purple - In Rock (24kt Gold Disc)
Deep Purple - Who Do We Think We Are? (24Kt Gold Disc)
Don Francisco - Only Love Is Spoken Here
Grand Funk Railroad - Bosnia
Grand Funk Railroad - Caught In The Act (2003 24bit Remaster)
Montrose - Montrose (24Kt Gold Disc)
Philip Glass - The Hours (OST)
Roger Hodgson - Rites Of Passage
Steve Vai - The Ultra Zone
Yes - 90125 (24Kt Gold Disc)

Jan 1, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #490 of 597
The following Beach Boys double LP's were released by Capitol/Hollywood And Vine in 2001 and all have HDCD marked on the back -

Surfin' Safari / Surfin' USA
Surfer Girl / Shut Down Vol. 2
Little Deuce Coupe / All Summer Long
Today! / Summer Days (and Summer Nights!!)
Smiley Smile / Wild Honey
Friends / 20/20

Also, Sounds Of Summer - The Very Best of the Beach Boys released in 2003 is HDCD, but is not marked.

Jan 7, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #492 of 597
Happy New Year! I think it's been a while since I posted...here are two I believe don't show up on page 1, and to go through 31-32 more pages requires more time that I have right now. Both discs trigger the HDCD indicator on my players but are unmarked on the discs and accompanying notes...

Genre: Classical/Jazz (crossover, Third Stream)
Jacques Loussier Trio - Jacques Loussier Trio Plays Debussy * (Telarc CD-83511)
Jacques Loussier Trio - Mozart Piano Concertos 20/23 * (Telarc CD-83628)

There's got to be a better way of cataloging all these discs; it's unfortunate HDCD Katalogen is defunct. Microsoft used to have a listing, inherited from their buyout of Pacific Microsonics back in 2000(?), but I remember it disappearing around 2005-2006. They seem intent on keeping people from knowing about this technology they own!

Jan 17, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #493 of 597
Didn't see this one on page 1...

Elvis Costello with Burt Bacharach - Painted From Memory * (Mercury 314 538 002-2; unmarked HDCD)

The following is on page 1, but it should be noted only the 2003 remaster is HDCD...

Patsy Cline - 12 Greatest Hits (MCA Nashville MCAD-12R)

Jan 29, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #494 of 597
Well, I'm a bit embarrassed to poke my head around here after nearly three years of neglect. I'm very glad people are still adding their findings, and finding it useful, even without me here to maintain it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best way to turn this into a more community-edited project? My thought when I started the thread was a quick, easy place to read through and find new HDCDs, but even the 1st page has gotten to the point where that's no longer useful, and that's before I even think about the contributions since last time I was here. I know there was some discussion a few years ago about a Head-Fi wiki, but a quick look around suggests nothing ever came of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back