HDCD list
Jul 25, 2005 at 11:53 PM Post #257 of 597
Spock's Beard - Snow
Neal Morse - Testimony

Jul 29, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #258 of 597
I guess I'll stop saying how surprised I am at a lot of this stuff, but I just played my recently acquired Boredoms disc, 'Sea Drum/House of Sun'. The first track only was HDCD, the second was not. It only has two tracks, each over 20 minutes long. I have the NA domestic version, I have no idea if the original Japanese version from last year would be the same or not, maybe someone else has it.

Still haven't gotten that Jack Johnson disc yet, but it won't be long.

Aug 5, 2005 at 12:24 PM Post #262 of 597
My mom was using my stereo the other day to listen to some country. I noticed the HDCD indicator was lit. Here's the album:

Carolyn Dawn Johnson - Room With a View. Further inspection showed that the disc and packaging are labeled as HDCD.

Sep 22, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #265 of 597
Here are three I didn't see listed although I may have missed some. Highly recommend all three of them.
Stephen Stills, "Manassas" -- not labled except on cd
Laura Love, "You Ain't Got No Easter Clothes" -- not labled
"A Nod to Bob" Artists tribute to Bob Dylan on his 60th birthday. Red House Records, highly recommended

Sep 25, 2005 at 9:55 PM Post #269 of 597
Just saw that my copy of Sam Prekop's first self-titled solo album is HDCD. Hadn't listened to it in a while, but it's very good.

Edit: This should probably be considered rock.

Sep 26, 2005 at 3:04 AM Post #270 of 597
Well, I just went to check the HDCD.com list and noticed two very frightening things which I think are pertinent to this thread:

1.) www.hdcd.com now leads to a microsoft.com page with information about HDCD, but no actual list of HDCD albums that I can find anywhere on the site. Which brings me to frightening thing #2:

2.) This thread is now the #1 Google result for "hdcd list". So let me say again how much I appreciate everyone's contributions, because hey, I think that's pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back