HDCD list
Aug 1, 2004 at 1:18 PM Post #136 of 597
Quote:

Bach: Art of the Fugue. Emerson String Quartet. (DG B0000908-02)*

My copy of this does not appear to be HDCD -- same release number and label. Does anyone have a copy of this that does read as HDCD to doublecheck?

Aug 11, 2004 at 1:20 PM Post #139 of 597
Hey....
I got another HDCD song to put on the list...
Didnt notice it was HDCD after all this time until i saw it yesterday..
Before i knew it was an HDCD, i was already impressed by the sound quality of this CD... then it turned up that its an HDCD.

This one is probably the cheapest CD you can get in HDCD, its a single:

DJ Gunther & The Sunshine Girls - Ding Dong Song (You Touch My Tralala)

gun.jpg

Sample tracks:

DING DONG SONG (RADIO EDIT)

DING DONG SONG (STAR BAR REMIX)

DING DONG SONG (XL VERSION)

This song sounds so stupid, its catchy ! (almost as stupid as the group's name and the DJ's hairstyle)
icon10.gif

But really, i have to admit that i actually enjoy the songs... darn catchy... ding dong dong la la la...
icon10.gif

The quality of those samples are very low, but the real ones are very good... Especially track #2, the bass punch is awesome !

PS: It doesnt say HDCD on the cover or CD though, but it is HDCD (the HDCD light will glow on your CDP)

Aug 12, 2004 at 2:46 PM Post #141 of 597
I couldn't find an actual album with this on it -- I'd mentioned earlier in the thread that I'm putting full albums on the first page, and leaving single tracks for posts within the thread, but it's just an off-hand comment somewhere. (Not that I don't think the information is valuable -- it's just that the list is sooo long that I need to keep it readable.) I edited the first page to make that a little clearer, though
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2004 at 7:08 PM Post #142 of 597
I just bought this and I don't see any markings to indicate HDCD but the light is on.
biggrin.gif

Lucinda Williams - World Without Tears on the Lost Highway label, digipak.

Aug 14, 2004 at 9:37 AM Post #143 of 597
B00000I0VZ.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

another surprise, October Sky soundtrack is actually HDCD...
although this cd is now pretty rare... awsome music though

Aug 15, 2004 at 4:24 AM Post #144 of 597
The entire -Ivory Classics- catalog is hdcd, I think. I just got a nice 2-fer of Earl Wild playing Liszt including the Sonata!
cool.gif

Aug 16, 2004 at 5:50 AM Post #145 of 597
I found another HDCD album :

Ayumi Hamasaki - Ballads
ALCP6001.jpg

Its been sitting there for awhile, didnt know it was HDCD til yesterday....
there is no HDCD label on the disc or cover though... but all songs are encoded in HDCD.

Im quite sure there are many japanese HDCDs out there... but seems like no one has any input on japanese CDs ?

Aug 18, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #146 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
I found another HDCD album :

Ayumi Hamasaki - Ballads
ALCP6001.jpg

Great cover photo - Yikes!
lambda.gif

A couple more:

Steve Earle - "Transcendental Blues" (Rock)
Steve Earle and the Del McCoury Band - "The Mountain" (Bluegrass)

Sep 2, 2004 at 12:27 AM Post #148 of 597
So I received the Pink Floyd cd from Hong Kong today, and it is a HDCD. However after playing it I discovered it has 1-2 second pauses between tracks, anyone who's listened to "The Wall" knows it's is one continuous piece, so I'm disappointed to say the least. It sounds fabulous, but the track pauses ruin it for me.

Caveat Emptor.

Sep 2, 2004 at 12:34 AM Post #149 of 597
Hmm. That makes me wonder if they're really mastered for HDCD, or just shoved into the HDCD format. Can you hear any audible improvements over the standard version?

Sep 2, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #150 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by Megaptera
Hmm. That makes me wonder if they're really mastered for HDCD, or just shoved into the HDCD format. Can you hear any audible improvements over the standard version?

I think maybe it is just pushed through an HDCD encoder without much post production.

I'm wondering if I can use the combine tracks feature in itunes to rip the album to one big wav to my hard drive, then turn around and write a cd with the single wav on it and retain the HDCD encoding.

EDIT: After doing some more in-depth listening I can say that my MFSL copy of "The Wall" sounds better than this supposed HDCD version. I would avoid this disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back