HD800 vs HE500
Dec 23, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #226 of 1,025

Were missing important details in the story man. What were you wearing when you answered the door?

Also FedEx rules. Speaking from experience. Only people I trust to deliver my firearms-related packages without trying to converse with me about my private mail and/or a visibly repackaged box LOL.

Don't go postal on me, I'm not a believer of custom cables for cans. I was wearing body armor, just in case the FedEx guy was carrying, these days one can never be sure.

Dec 23, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #228 of 1,025
Last time i checked the mirror they looked functional enough
tongue.gif

ahahahah

Don't go postal on me, I'm not a believer of custom cables for cans. I was wearing body armor, just in case the FedEx guy was carrying, these days one can never be sure.

What? Nobody said anything about custom cables LOL. Business is alright for me either way though :)

Yeah with FedEx guys the rule is to have a 3:1 gun ratio on them as well.

Glad you enjoy the cans. The neck will become strong like sequoia, or as my people call it, maize.

Dec 23, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #229 of 1,025

ahahahah

What? Nobody said anything about custom cables LOL. Business is alright for me either way though :)

Glad you enjoy the cans. The neck will become strong like sequoia, or as my people call it, maize.

Chris, don't make me drop my 50 cal on your foot cuz it's going to hurt badly.  Hey, here's an idea.  I'll trade it with you for your HD800 and your best cable.
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #230 of 1,025

ahahahah

Lucky for me I have a neck like a Redwood tree and enough leg power to stand up when wearing these cans. Actually I wore them for 3 hours straight once they made it out of the box and had no problem. They're about to jump back on my head, very soon.

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #231 of 1,025
  Lucky for me I have a neck like a Redwood tree and enough leg power to stand up when wearing these cans. Actually I wore them for 3 hours straight once they made it out of the box and had no problem. They're about to jump back on my head, very soon.

In no time you'll be like my forum avatar, with the headphones sort of grafted onto the head.

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #232 of 1,025
  In no time you'll be like my forum avatar, with the headphones sort of grafted onto the head.

I was born with cans on my head. Kids were afraid of me in school because they thought I was an extraterrestrial and when they heard Jimi Hendrix leaking from my cans they were sure of it.

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #234 of 1,025
  I like HD800 better.

Soundstage, treble, bigger resolution. 

HE-500 has a more dense sound though. HD800 is more comfortable than both LCD-2 and HE-500 for me.

The HE-500 is uncomfortable as hell.

I listened to a pair at a meet recently.  I was really liking what I was hearing when I suddenly realized that they were really heavy and the pads (velvet pads) only put pressure above my ears.  The weight is not distributed evenly.   Maybe the other pads that are available are better?

Dec 24, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #235 of 1,025

I listened to a pair at a meet recently.  I was really liking what I was hearing when I suddenly realized that they were really heavy and the pads (velvet pads) only put pressure above my ears.  The weight is not distributed evenly.   Maybe the other pads that are available are better?

The pleather pads are somewhat more comfortable but after a while they start to hurt as well. Same problem as you; pressure above the ears, the best pads comfort wise are the T1/DT-990 pads. They also sound better then the stock velours but the best were the jergpads for pure sound quality. But having very nice sound quality means nothing if the comfort issue is distracting you from the music.

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #236 of 1,025

Yeah uh I was messed up on that Lagavulin 16 scotch earlier please forgot my out-of-character posts.

Wait acutally looking back they seemed around right :)

Nah I mean unless the pads were specifically angled, you will not match the level of form-fittedness that you get from Senn.

Dec 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #237 of 1,025

Yeah uh I was messed up on that Lagavulin 16 scotch earlier please forgot my out-of-character posts.

Nah I mean unless the pads were specifically angled, you will not match the level of form-fittedness that you get from Senn.

OK wiseguy, where's my bottle?

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #238 of 1,025

This is my secret mod that I've not disclosed too much 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #239 of 1,025
The pleather pads are somewhat more comfortable but after a while they start to hurt as well. Same problem as you; pressure above the ears, the best pads comfort wise are the T1/DT-990 pads. They also sound better then the stock velours but the best were the jergpads for pure sound quality. But having very nice sound quality means nothing if the comfort issue is distracting you from the music.

I have a brand new set of J$ pads which I bought in preparation of a HE400 or HE500 parchase. Now the are just sitting in a drawer, unused and unloved. I'll try the hifimans again when (if) they change their design.

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #240 of 1,025

Users who are viewing this thread

Back