HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
Oct 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #316 of 359

Ginger beer isn't alcoholic(to my knowledge). Its like Root beer(its name:tongue_smile: ).

Correct. Ginger beer is just like ginger ale, but much spicier, more complex, and generally sweeter. They mix better with alcohol due to those notable features. Though, there is one alcoholic version called Crabbies from Scotland. It is truly wonderful!

Yeah, Ginger beer is amazing. 

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #317 of 359
  You need to start a Whiskey-fi subforum!  It is a musical enjoyment enhancer, just like freshly baked cookies!

I normally just drink whatever year Macallan I can afford at the moment neat, but learning mixed drinks that don't insult the whiskey would be great.

Yes, a whisky subforum, not whiskey, would be great, as I would like to ask about best bang for buck choices !  
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #319 of 359
I am totally down for giving advice. Take a picture of your favorite whisk(e)y store's selection and I will let you know what and what not to buy!

Shoot that reminds me. I haven't drank yet on this lovely Saturday night. Time for some whiskey and ginger ale!
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #321 of 359
  1. Fact, beards make music better
  2. I like Scotch
  3. How much did you pay???
  4. I will own a pair someday. My current target is the Alpha Dog.
  5. Why the odd grammar of Whisk(e)y???

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #322 of 359
Whisky is the original Scotch term, whiskey is the American slang version.

Nov 9, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #323 of 359
Quote:pietcux
 Whisky is the original Scotch term, whiskey is the American slang version.

Remember, we're dealing with rednecks here.

Yanks could never spell, nor get their wording right. Cases in point:-
Spelling.
Color instead of colour.
Vapor instead of vapoir.
Jail instead of gaol.
Aluminum instead of aluminium
etc, etc, ad hoc, ad nauseum, ad infinitum

Wording.
Condominium instead of flat.
Gasolene instead of petroleum
cellphone instead of mobile phone.
4X4 instead of All Wheel Drive.
Fiduciary instead of financial
etc, etc, ad hoc, ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

Also starting sayings such as "I could care less" instead of "I could'nt care less" is just Stoopid.

I think youse all gets da pitcher already, dat's swell.

Nov 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #325 of 359
Remember, we're dealing with rednecks here.

Yanks could never spell, nor get their wording right. Cases in point:-
Spelling.
Color instead of colour.
Vapor instead of vapoir.
Jail instead of gaol.
Aluminum instead of aluminium
etc, etc, ad hoc, ad nauseum, ad infinitum

Wording.
Condominium instead of flat.
Gasolene instead of petroleum
cellphone instead of mobile phone.
4X4 instead of All Wheel Drive.
Fiduciary instead of financial
etc, etc, ad hoc, ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

Also starting sayings such as "I could care less" instead of "I could'nt care less" is just Stoopid.

I think youse all gets da pitcher already, dat's swell.

'Murica

Nov 10, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #326 of 359
Awesome story!
Whiskey and death (and headphones). For some reasons reminds me of Boardwalk Empire :) with a little less violence and a little more nerdiness. Awesome show.
I like me some smooth Jameson's, Petey Talisker , smokey Ardberg.
I need to learn more though, whiskey tasting would be cool; I think there's some groups here (Melbourne Australia).
I'd be interested to try more Japanese whiskey too I hear theres some gooduns.
Enjoy those awesome cans

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #327 of 359
Very good read, thanks!

I lol'd a few times and to the odd looks from my wife, I'd say, "no, it's just this poor person with headphones that smell of death"

As a side note, a guy who lived in the dorm next door when I was in uni was born without the ability to smell. I think he was near 14 years old before he and his family realized he was missing a sense. Prior to knowing, he said his mom would be home baking pizza for supper, the smell of which would aromatically be filling th house and the kids would come in the front door and she say, "Hello! Can you guess what we're having for supper?"

Jeff would take a big nasal breath in and guess, "air?"

Oh and the nick name I gave him stuck all throughout undergrad; Stinky.

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #328 of 359
Very good read, thanks!

I lol'd a few times and to the odd looks from my wife, I'd say, "no, it's just this poor person with headphones that smell of death"

As a side note, a guy who lived in the dorm next door when I was in uni was born without the ability to smell. I think he was near 14 years old before he and his family realized he was missing a sense. Prior to knowing, he said his mom would be home baking pizza for supper, the smell of which would aromatically be filling th house and the kids would come in the front door and she say, "Hello! Can you guess what we're having for supper?"

Jeff would take a big nasal breath in and guess, "air?"

Oh and the nick name I gave him stuck all throughout undergrad; Stinky.

My friend lost his smell last year in a skateboarding accident. He'd be oblivious when someone opened a bag of chips. XD

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #329 of 359
@mrscotchguy

I'm sure you've already ordered a couple pairs to last you your lifetime:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/4/5175538/elijah-wood-designed-limited-edition-grado-headphones-bushmills-whiskey

Will it be the tale of the incredibly smelly Grados in 50 years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back