HD700 - Does Not Exist
Feb 15, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #46 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. This is what I find so odd. I mean it would be so easy to make a statement along those lines. It just seems very odd that Sennheiser would outright (and pretty strongly might I add) deny any plans whatsoever for an HD700 if, in a few months, they were to actually announce it's future release.

I think this is why I don't know what to think.

Could be that they are denying an HD700 because they already know that it'll be called HD701.

Feb 15, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #47 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or start an early publicity campaign promoting the new flagship as more veiled and musical than the existing flagship (650). A rush for the 650 ensues.

If they announced the new flagship as a brown bag filled with dog crap and two $10 headphone drivers, everyone wouldn't suddenly scramble to grab the 650s, so why would they in this example?
tongue.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As someone with master's degree and who works in marketing, you would absolutely deny the existence of the product until you are ready. You only succeed in causing people to delay purchases of current product.

Good point!

One thing for sure it that this has to be the most talked about subject on headfi. I'm sure they will be good and probably backordered for months... unless the price is really high which I think it will be.

Feb 15, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #49 of 54
Anyhow, you'll maybe want to wait for the second production wave so they'll have worked out all of the little kinks from the first production line...something a Senn rep suggested...

Feb 15, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #50 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronmtorres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow..they might be hiding it and then suddenly announcing it to the public
tongue.gif

Maybe all this jan 2008 is just a trick! Maybe they will be dropped like a bomb next month or so
biggrin.gif
Don't think so though.

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #53 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As someone with master's degree and who works in marketing, you would absolutely deny the existence of the product until you are ready. You only succeed in causing people to delay purchases of current product.

Or you have to introduce your new product even it's still in designing phase to keep your customer loyalty when your current products suck.
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #54 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they announced the new flagship as a brown bag filled with dog crap and two $10 headphone drivers, everyone wouldn't suddenly scramble to grab the 650s, so why would they in this example?
tongue.gif

Good question.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuu

The sound of irony wizzing by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back