HD700 - Does Not Exist
Feb 14, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #16 of 54
Why would they actually release a HD700? They are making way more money on the px100s, px200, pmx150s, etc. There is no actual need to release another Hi-Fi headphone. They can go on for years without having a new flagship.

It's always fun to have some rumours though.
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #17 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would they actually release a HD700? They are making way more money on the px100s, px200, pmx150s, etc. There is no actual need to release another Hi-Fi headphone. They can go on for years without having a new flagship.

Why wouldn't they? The HD580 series has been a big money maker for them, and it seems like it's pretty regular, like clockwork, that they come out with an upgrade every 4 years. So iI think it's very likely that a new flagship will be coming out....whether it's worth it to keep the rumor mills up though
biggrin.gif
I just won't start anxiously anticipating the next headphone untill I see official pictures of it. Until then, I'll just be content listening to my HD650s
600smile.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #18 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's always fun to have some rumours though.
wink.gif

Why does Toyota have to release the Solara, they probably make more money on the Corollas. Why does BMW bother with the 6 series, when the 3 series probably offers them more sales volume...

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #19 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why does Toyota have to release the Solara, they probably make more money on the Corollas. Why does BMW bother with the 6 series, when the 3 series probably offers them more sales volume...

What is all that stuff in your sig?
blink.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #21 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is all that stuff in your sig?
blink.gif

lol.. spelling errors and words that people tend to mix up.... Grammar Nazi
tongue.gif

( " != " stands for not equal to )

Although long time members and posters on here usually don't make as much errors as posters on other 'boreds'.

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #22 of 54
Quote:

lol.. spelling errors and words that people tend to mix up.... Grammar Nazi
tongue.gif

( " != " stands for not equal to )

I see. I used to be an editor. I saw a bunch of words and got curious.
lambda.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #23 of 54
Quote:

I see. I used to be an editor. I saw a bunch of words and got curious.
lambda.gif

Ah I see
tongue.gif
I hope no one takes offense to it, I just got a cackle out of it when I saw it in a sig elsewhere, and thought I'd incorporate it in mine
icon10.gif
That and I don't have much gear to post on there anyways
frown.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #24 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also from the RS1 page:

The RS-1 is the Masterpiece of the Grado collection, the Top Of The Range product which oozes class both in looks and sound.
http://www.gradolabs.com/product_pages/rs1.htm

I think the more recent "Grado announces the new flagship" trumps the "top range product" written before the GS-1000 was out. - since we are mincing words.

There will be a new flagship from Senn...

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #26 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2. Even if they were building one, they wouldn't tell you because it would damage the sale of the 650s, people would certainly stop buying them if they found out.

This could be one of the points. Additionally just like LeChuck said, companies in competition markets should be very careful of sending out message to public.

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #28 of 54
Quote:

Hello -

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in Sennheiser. Although Sennheiser is always working on developing new products and exciting technologies, there is no plans for a future flagship headphone at this time. The so-called HD700, although quite legendary in the rumour mill, does not exist. The HD650 will continue to be the flagship headphone for Sennheiser.
Is this conclusive on the subject or not?

Of course there is no HD700. They haven't even got to the HD680 yet. Did you all overlook that fact?

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #29 of 54
I think you should remove his e-mail address ASAP from the original post. It would suck if he suddenlt started getting spammed up the ying yang thanks to Head-Fi.

As someone with master's degree and who works in marketing, you would absolutely deny the existence of the product until you are ready. You only succeed in causing people to delay purchases of current product.

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #30 of 54
Quote:

I was told long before Senn makes its profit a big portion from low-fi market, like portability earphones. We need to look deep into its corporate strategy before making the proper argument here. BMW may still be making lots of profit from 6 series, who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back