HD650's with Zu Mobius,,,,,,,,my first impressions !!!
Mar 28, 2004 at 6:19 AM Post #31 of 44
By the way meech...the Zu is so sparkly, it's mesmerizing. I could almost just sit here and look at it, but I have better stuff to do.
600smile.gif

~Range

Mar 28, 2004 at 6:25 AM Post #32 of 44
Wow great review
biggrin.gif
this rules!
hey did this ZU bring your presentation from laid back to more forward, upfront sounding? What does it take to bring you closer on stage for these sennheiser 580/600/650 series?

Mar 28, 2004 at 6:26 AM Post #33 of 44
Quote:

Originally posted by Buster Sword
Wow great review
biggrin.gif
this rules!
hey did this ZU bring your presentation from laid back to more forward, upfront sounding? What does it take to bring you closer on stage for these sennheiser 580/600/650 series?

IMO the Zu cable is more upfront than the stock or Equinox cables, but it only tweaks the can's natural sound, not changes it, so they are still pretty laid back.

Aug 18, 2004 at 9:20 PM Post #37 of 44
Anybody gots comments on what replacement cable I should go with? I'm trading my CD3000 Woody for an HD650 w/replacement cable.. But I have no idea which one to choose. Zu Mobius sounds good... but... I dunno. Help me out here.
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2004 at 9:41 PM Post #38 of 44
I have Zu Mobius, Silver Dragon and Oehlbach. The Zu Mobius is the best and most natural sounding cable for me and an ideal match for the HD 650's characteristic.

peacesign.gif

Aug 18, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ
I have Zu Mobius, Silver Dragon and Oehlbach. The Zu Mobius is the best and most natural sounding cable for me and an ideal match for the HD 650's characteristic.

peacesign.gif

My vote also goes to the Zu. I have owned the Cardas, and Equinox. I have spent a pretty good amount of time with the Silver dragon and the Oehlbach. The Zu is an easy choice for me.
600smile.gif

Aug 18, 2004 at 10:03 PM Post #40 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
Anybody gots comments on what replacement cable I should go with? I'm trading my CD3000 Woody for an HD650 w/replacement cable.. But I have no idea which one to choose. Zu Mobius sounds good... but... I dunno. Help me out here.
biggrin.gif

Why are you trading? Have you heard the hd650 with different cables yet and prefer the sound to your maxed out cd3000?

I have the Zu cable and I'm completely happy otherwise your trade would look tempting.

Aug 19, 2004 at 4:59 AM Post #42 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
biggrin.gif

Larry has whipped me up a cable for the 650, I'll chime in on it when I get it in a few days, and post a comparison with the Cardas later once it's burned in.

Aug 19, 2004 at 6:52 AM Post #43 of 44
For some more comparisons between various replacement headphone cables (including the Zu Mobius), look here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back