HD650s or the K701s?
Jul 31, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #4 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I have to do this cause its just my nature. Do you prefer Column A (HD650s) or column B (K701s)

How does what I prefer help you any?
We likely have different tastes in music, we may prefer different sonic presentations, and will likely be using different equipment upstream further rendering the answer irrelevant.

Perhaps if you give additional info someone can make an intelligent recommendation as to which will likely suit your needs and tastes.
wink.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #6 of 33
You had better have a stout amp if you choose the AKG 701's. The HD 650's are easier to drive and will give you more full bass.

Search and ye shall find.

Jul 31, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #7 of 33
So, which do you prefer?

And by the way, not meant to knock but what specifically about your nature would incline you to do a Column A v. Column B comparison? Standardized test writer??
wink.gif

I hated those questions on multiple choice exams ...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Ok, I have to do this cause its just my nature. Do you prefer Column A (HD650s) or column B (K701s)

All in all, you've gotten off rather easy. Them's there is fightin' words/questions...
icon10.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, which do you prefer?

And by the way, not meant to knock but what specifically about your nature would incline you to do a Column A v. Column B comparison? Standardized test writer??
wink.gif

I hated those questions on multiple choice exams ...
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha, I constantly compare things.....its very annoying. I own over 20 pairs of headphones and theyre all good, and mostly what I do is compare all the time.

At this point I may prefer the 650s over the k701s but i have a feeling it's because i have found the appropriate amp. I'm really most interested in a portable amp.

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #12 of 33
I found it much easier to get a sound I like out of the HD650s. K701s went byebye
tongue.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #13 of 33
Dang--I though I got away from all this "column A" vs. "column B" stuff when I was done with the SATs. Well, as was always my favorite answer...

Cannot be determined from information given.

EDIT--
My personal preference falls with the HD650s.

Jul 31, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

I own both, I was just curious which more people prefered. I did a search I didn't see this question asked. Sorry for bothering some of you.

Not a bother, just the way I read it there was no answer I thought would help you without more info.

Since you are merely inquiring what others like, I prefer K701. The HD600 I had was very nice but I felt the bass imposed itself on the midrange a bit too much. The K701 I find gives me the midrange details I seek without having to work to hear it.

Jul 31, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

What's a great portable amp for the 701s........will the Larocco PRII drive it well?

The RSA Hornet drives the K701 beast flawlessly. Full potential even in low gain sometimes. High gain can make your ears bleed ...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back