HD650s are so cheap?
Feb 10, 2015 at 9:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HFCOBRA

Head-Fier
Why are they so inexpensive now? A couple years ago when I was going to sell my 650s they would have sold for $320 easily. Now the cans are going for that new!

Did senn stop aggressively pricing them at $500?

Is this temporary or permanent? Only reason I ask is because I was going to sell my cans since I haven't used them in almost a year. I don't want to sell for so little though.

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #2 of 4
Lots of competition from the likes of Beyerdynamic AKG etc. Headphones are hardly objects that retain their worth unless you have a vintage Grado. Also the HD580/600/650 line is now older technology compared to the modern HD700/HD800. These headphones are also modular and their life can be extended with replacement parts which tends to diminish sales.

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #3 of 4
Why are they so inexpensive now? A couple years ago when I was going to sell my 650s they would have sold for $320 easily. Now the cans are going for that new!

Did senn stop aggressively pricing them at $500?

Is this temporary or permanent? Only reason I ask is because I was going to sell my cans since I haven't used them in almost a year. I don't want to sell for so little though.

Also €/$ Exchange Rate ? 

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 4
I also noticed this drop in price. A few different times, I've almost purchased the HD 650s...I always ended up decided on something else. But now that they are selling new for under $300, I think it's time to pull the trigger and get a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back