HD650 right side/new cable
Sep 18, 2010 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sone

Head-Fier
Hey there,

I recently bought an HD650 from the trade forums, and within a couple hours of listening I am already having a problem with them.  When I first started listening to them the sound was fine, but not the sound is going in and out on the right side.  My main source is my NuForce Icon HDP so I tried using a different source (iPhone 3GS) and the problem persisted.  Using both sources, the sound continues to go in and out, sometimes multiple times during the same song.  I read on the forums that others had issues with the cable so I swapped the cable out, and the dead sound switched from one side to the other.  That's a relief, and I contacted the seller to let him know we can put the refund on hold.  My new question is does anybody know where I can buy a replacement cable in the Chicagoland area?  If there is any Head-Fi member that has an extra one that they would like to sell, please let me know!  Has anybody else had similar issues to this?  I just want to make sure it actually is the cable, and that it's a good decision to keep the headphones rather than return them.  Thanks!

-j

Sep 18, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #2 of 5
I think it might be the cable. Think about it, if the dead sound switched from one side to the other, it's obvious that there is nothing wrong with the headphones and something wrong with the cable. Replace the cable and then check again.

If the problem is still there, send them back and get a refund.

Sep 18, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #3 of 5
Teh interwebs is your friend.

Amazon

Sep 18, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 5
If you want to save yourself some money, get one from Sennheiser. When I ordered mine they were out of stock and it took nearly a month though.
It ended up only costing me around $16 shipped I believe.

Sep 18, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #5 of 5
http://www.headphone.com/accessories/headphone-parts/sennheiser-hd650-replacement-cable.php

Headroom has them, but for more. I wonder if some local shop would let you try your headphone with their cables? Just to confirm it was a cable issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back