HD650 owners: What genre(s) of music do you enjoy on your HD650's?
Jul 14, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #31 of 40
I hope their singing's better than their mathematics.
tongue.gif

Jul 14, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #32 of 40
I mainly purchased the HD650 to finally listen to classical music and actually enjoy it. Before these cans classical music listening at home never really got to me because it was just too different from a live concert.

While I like these phones for classical works I currently much prefer them for acoustic guitar music and female vocals. The last few weeks all that has been on my foobar playlist were the following records:

Eric Clapton, Unplugged
Loved my girlfriends reaction when first listening to the HD650's with the Earmax Pro. She asked me what this strange looking thing (the amp) next to our TV was. Instead of explaining anything I just put the HDs on her head and played 'Tears in Heaven'... she instantly closed her eyes and half through the song she removed them and said: "This sounds better than live!" ..and some quiet moments later: "You better hide this stuff or I'll take it."
smily_headphones1.gif

Bebo Valdes & Diego El Cigala, Lagrimas Negras
Just sounds as if you'd be right there on stage with the artists, or at least sitting at the first little table in front of the stage (of course with a Mojito on the table!)

Buena Vista Social Club
This record has been one of my favourites for years but not because of the sound quality, more because I liked the songs. After having received the Earmax this was the first album I played and I was astonished by how great this record actually sounds! Rediscovered it and it will most probably stay on my disk for years.

..and then some albums from Melody Gardot, Missy Higgins, Tracy Chapman, Dido and others.

Jul 14, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #33 of 40
I know this might sound bad since its on youtube, but can anyone that listens to R&B tell me how this sounds on their 650s? There's supposed to be smooth deep bass in the background and I want to know if the 650s can reach it. There's a 1080p option if necessary.

One other one. How does the bass guitar in the background sound?

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #37 of 40
Slower music like Vampire Weekend and Destroyer. Renders the voice liquid smooth, beautiful, and sweet.

May 20, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #40 of 40
Clasical music , the brass are amazing
Any guitar music or string music.
Band drums.
Vocal music , chorus , jazz women voice .
It shines on a bit louder then average side of volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back