HD650/HD600 Stock or After Market Cable?
Apr 28, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #121 of 126
The Headphile BlackSilver V2 cable I'm now using on my HD-600 is one of the best investments I've put into my headphone rig. Period.

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #122 of 126
Much depends from your setup too...I wouldn't expect to get noticeable improvements, if any, from a cable used to drive an HD650 straight from an Ipod, or from some entry-level headphone amp. Your source/amp must be resolving enough to push cables to their limits, then their advantages become very apparent. With sub-par equipment, a superior cable could even degrade the sound, exposing flaws the stock cable manages to hide.
Don't know about the Cardas, but I'm getting huge improvements with my Equinox. But I assume my setup is resolving enough (at more than 10000$ it better has to be). In fact, my B52 with the tubes I'm currently using is resolving enough to make filter changes on my Marantz sound very different, where most reviews tell that differences aren't very noticeable.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #123 of 126
I'm not a big believer in cable voodoo, but I've found out that an aftermarket cable for the hd600 (v2 headphile blacksilver cable) did make a difference.

Apr 28, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #124 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Headphile BlackSilver V2 cable I'm now using on my HD-600 is one of the best investments I've put into my headphone rig. Period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by REB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not a big believer in cable voodoo, but I've found out that an aftermarket cable for the hd600 (v2 headphile blacksilver cable) did make a difference.

icon10.gif

Apr 29, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #125 of 126
Anyone compare a V2 to a Double Helix? I need to think about upgrading my amp first, but I'm interested in this cable question.

It's strange at least that some people say new cables makes a night and day difference, while others say they hardly notice anything. It would be interesting to know what kind of components people are using in each case. It doesn't seem like those who are claiming to hear no difference are using lesser equipment, but maybe that's what accounts for some people saying they hear something and others saying they don't? Synergy with particular equipment that isn't there with other equipment? Anyway, it's curious, to say the least.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back