HD600s Not bassy enough
May 6, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #32 of 39
First of all, HD600s aren't bassy cans. I still don't understand why people suggest them as such in other threads.
Secondly, HD650s aren't bassy cans either. They're warm and veiled not bassy.
Thirdly, I never understood why you would buy expensive cans, and proceed to EQ to fit a totally different sound sig.
Fourthly, the D2000s are what you want. I don't know why the other guy was implying they're some second rate headphones compared to Senns. To me they were better than HD650s. The HD650s sounded veiled and unnatural in comparison.
Finally, I don't see how "scalability" is a good thing. I don't want to have to buy an expensive amp, just so my expensive headphones sound decent.

May 6, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #33 of 39
Yea, after having these I would never suggest them to someone who wants BASS..but the bass is still very defined and the range is great, but I have narrowed down to the one you mention the D2000, but also D5000, and AH D600 all from denon, i think denon makes the best bassy phones with quality range also, Iyou need a closed back phone for good bass so idk y people always suggestr open back phones for somwone who wants bass.

May 6, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #34 of 39
Sony XB anything..... 500, 700, 1000.  Doubt you'll find more bass anywhere.  Not my cup of tea, but maybe you.....

May 6, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #35 of 39
Quote:
Yea, after having these I would never suggest them to someone who wants BASS..but the bass is still very defined and the range is great, but I have narrowed down to the one you mention the D2000, but also D5000, and AH D600 all from denon, i think denon makes the best bassy phones with quality range also, Iyou need a closed back phone for good bass so idk y people always suggestr open back phones for somwone who wants bass.

+1

the older denon line is better but denon does make the best fun bass (mostly sub-bass and bass quantity) while maintaining high end sound. theres better headphones for midbass out there though. (Hifiman and Audeze and some of the ultrasones)

May 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

+1

the older denon line is better but denon does make the best fun bass (mostly sub-bass and bass quantity) while maintaining high end sound. theres better headphones for midbass out there though. (Hifiman and Audeze and some of the ultrasones)

I'm with Dubstep. 
Pro900 is a clear example. 

May 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #37 of 39
As a new owner of the D2000, I can second the vote for Denons. I absolutely adore the bass presentation of my D2000. I've never heard sub-bass like this in a headphone. For electronica, I actually prefer the slightly loose, reverberating sub-bass of my D2000 over the clean, tight sub-bass of open-back orthos.

May 7, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #38 of 39
Any respectable amplifier would definitely increase the amount of "kick" you would get with the Sennheiser HD600. I have also heard that the Sennheiser HD650 are a tad bit more bassy.

May 7, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #39 of 39
+1 this pretty much encapsulates my thoughts exactly, D2000/D5000 have great sub bass, quantity, and impact, they're fun sounding, but still have high end sound.  For most of my listening needs these two were much better for my tastes, even rock music, it gave the music that extra punch that sounded great.  It's personal preference, but I preferred my D5000 (which I think I'm going to get again or possibly move up to the D7000 end game) to even my old LCD-2, and other open back orthos such as the HE-400, and modded T50RP.  The ortho bass was cleaner, tighter, and technically better, but based on my preferences not more fun.
Quote:
As a new owner of the D2000, I can second the vote for Denons. I absolutely adore the bass presentation of my D2000. I've never heard sub-bass like this in a headphone. For electronica, I actually prefer the slightly loose, reverberating sub-bass of my D2000 over the clean, tight sub-bass of open-back orthos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back