HD600 vs DT990 Pro
Jan 21, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #46 of 52
Morris, we've talked about this before and I see you still have not tried a good amplifier. Your choice.

smily_headphones1.gif

Please, recommend me one. I'm buying LCD 2 next month. Hopefully I can use it to adequately power both.

I've been considering the famous o2. Is that a real upgrade over HP4?

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #48 of 52
i have both hd 600 and dt990 and i have tried them on many different setups, i will make it simple for anyone intressed on them, if you listen to more accoustical music, (music recorded with real instruments) go for the hd600 it will sound very natural and enjoyable. however if you listen to bassy electronic music (house, techno, edm) go for the dt990, very euphoric and enjoyable.... and the end of the this story is hd600 will never beat dt990 in dt990 territory and vice versa. and thats the truth

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #49 of 52
i have both hd 600 and dt990 and i have tried them on many different setups, i will make it simple for anyone intressed on them, if you listen to more accoustical music, (music recorded with real instruments) go for the hd600 it will sound very natural and enjoyable. however if you listen to bassy electronic music (house, techno, edm) go for the dt990, very euphoric and enjoyable.... and the end of the this story is hd600 will never beat dt990 in dt990 territory and vice versa. and thats the truth

I often listen to acoustic recordings on DT990 and bass-driven Electronica on HD600, as I'm doing at this very moment. All depends on the sound I'm in the mood for. Though many like to ascribe certain qualities in reproduction to a given musical genre, ultimately it all comes down to listener expectations. This is why the more experienced audio folks ask what sort of sound someone prefers, rather than the music he lightens to. Just as decried above, two different individuals can and do have a different idea as to how a recording should be reproduced. It's not based on the music, but on the resulting sonic preferences and personal expectations.

Good luck and welcome to the forum! :)

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #50 of 52
wow, i would have never imagined that, but yeah your right. hmm that was my first comment on this forum and i think you have just silenced from giving my opinion on headphones for a while.

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #51 of 52
wow, i would have never imagined that, but yeah your right. hmm that was my first comment on this forum and i think you have just silenced from giving my opinion on headphones for a while.

NO! That wasn't my intent at all. It's great to have all points of view. Please don't stop expressing yours. I'm sure there many topics you could shed some light on.

:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back