HD600 Rock! ..finally i get to try them
Sep 5, 2008 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
Wow! today was one hell of a day in my life.

I live in Singapore....i went to this Mall here called 'Adelphi'

the entire mall is dedicated to HiFi audio stuff..and top level has a shop which sells only Headphone stuff.

they got a website also & forum like head-fi.

Its more like a meeting corner for Audiophiles..

i went there...tested all the coolest amps for my HD555.. ... a guy there brought his HD600's ..

i was like 'can i try them' ..

I plugged them in via GoVibe Martini with LOD iPod. ..not recommended but i was too excited.

WOW! .... this was my moment of experiencing it!... the entire Range was so balanced out... the details were phenomenal.... although their Fit was litte tight.. my HD555 or HD595 fit better but anyways.

I will share more later... gtg for now.

Sep 5, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 19
yeah! another hd600 appreciation thread. Keep em comin. What great cans the hd600s are
biggrin.gif
Its a BEAUT!

Sep 5, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #4 of 19
Try the HD600 with a quality desktop amp - you will be surprised all over again.

Not so sure about cabling, though. I have the Cardas and a Blue Dragon for my Senns and have not yet noticed a difference.

Sep 5, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the HD600 with a quality desktop amp - you will be surprised all over again.

Not so sure about cabling, though. I have the Cardas and a Blue Dragon for my Senns and have not yet noticed a difference.

i heard some amazing sound when i drove hd600 with gilmore lite and littledot mk4se. for now, i am just stuck with a pico, it still sounds amazing.

i diy'ed the cable with 24 gauge spc wires, and the sound is clearer and has more sparkle. i dont think its placebo b/c i trust my ears and 10+ people that i built the cable for are saying the same/similar things.
i dont want to bring the cable debates. lets just say that hd600 rock hard~!
600smile.gif

Sep 5, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ziplock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
**** it... these cans have been piquing my curiosity lately. Where can I get them for the best price? I may take the plunge before too long.

Z

Just to add to increasing curiosity - even if you for some reason don't like them, the tonality these cans have (biased towards neutral) is a good educational experience in your journey through head-fi.

Sep 5, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #8 of 19
It will be a cold day in hell when I allow someone to pry the HD600s from my grasp! Love em! IMO, the clamping subsides in time after break-in....mine have become like another put it..."an old pair of comfortable jeans". BTW, IPOD->ALO jumbo cryo->RSA Hornet->SAA Equinox-->HD600 = very, very comfortable, detailed yet warm sound for portable use with a nice wide soundstage...IMHO.

Sep 5, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #9 of 19
After all the cans in my sig, I came back to the HD600. What a classic!

Sep 5, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #10 of 19
have to agree with all the posts here, I've tried a ton of different headphones in the price range, and some above. The hd600 is pretty special, it is such a good all arounder so balanced and neutral yet not boring like the k701. The k701 is also a great all arounder but imo it was pretty dull.

Sep 5, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #11 of 19
Yea, these are my third favorite can all-time. The other two being the AKG K1000 and AT W5000. They can definitely hold their own against much more expensive cans.

Sep 5, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #13 of 19
I've not heard many headphones, but the HD600 is the most neutral and natural while still keeping the music fun to listen to. Airy and full at the same time. It's absolutely on the same level as my other phones with my rig, and it is the second cheapest too.

Great headphone no doubt!

Sep 6, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My equinox cable vs stock for my hd600 gives me a bigger difference is musicality than comparing a grado sr60 vs the alessandro ms1

Sep 6, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My equinox cable vs stock for my hd600 gives me a bigger difference is musicality than comparing a grado sr60 vs the alessandro ms1

I'm not sure I would agree with that - the difference in stock HD600 cable vs HD650 cable vs Silver Dragon or APS V3 is audible to me, but the difference between SR-60 and MS-1 is bigger to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back