HD600 Rock! ..finally i get to try them
Sep 6, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #16 of 19
When I got my HD600 I have to admit I wasnt expecting much, however, a few months down the line they still amaze me when I put them on.

When I read people saying they arent any fun, I just dont get it. Must be down to the rig, because mine definitely are LOTS of fun to listen to. You dont even have to spend a fortune to make them sound good either, I'm powering mine with an ANT Amber, hardly an expensive amp yet it does a great job in making them sound forceful, fast and attention grabbing, all of the things they are reported at times not to be.

These things are keepers. No matter what I do in the future, these will not be leaving.

For me they are the DT531 of "real hifi" headphones, and most of the old timers know how much I rated those.

Sep 6, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #17 of 19
HeadphoneAddict,
Note what I wrote. The difference in MUSICALITY. Yes the sr60 and ms1 have a bigger difference because the treble is more on the sr60. It pops out like a sore thumb. The equinox vs stock hd600 however has no glaring frequency response differences. It is more in the way the music is delivered with more contrast and feels like I'm listening to a higher resolution system with more weight to all frequencies. Its as if the sound has been digitally remastered.

EDIT: Puts on Flamesuit to dodge attacks from cable skeptics
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HeadphoneAddict,
Note what I wrote. The difference in MUSICALITY. Yes the sr60 and ms1 have a bigger difference because the treble is more on the sr60. It pops out like a sore thumb. The equinox vs stock hd600 however has no glaring frequency response differences. It is more in the way the music is delivered with more contrast and feels like I'm listening to a higher resolution system with more weight to all frequencies. Its as if the sound has been digitally remastered.

EDIT: Puts on Flamesuit to dodge attacks from cable skeptics
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I agree there is more transparency and micro-detail with the cable upgrade. Like someone just opened the window you were looking out through, and while you thought the window was clean you didn't realize just how much it interfered with the view until the glass was no longer between you and the outside.

Sep 7, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #19 of 19
yeah exactly. For some reason, the cable upgrade on the hd600s are more dramatic than changing the stock cheap dvd player's interconnects to analysis plus. To me the difference those made were not even close to the headphone cable upgrade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back