HD580 vs. ER4P for home listening?
Feb 26, 2005 at 11:05 AM Post #46 of 49
As for the health issue with the ER-4's, you'll be fine so long as you or anyone else doesn't slam something into the side of your head. I found them uncomfortable at first, but my ears quickly got used to them. I can listen for hours now and not really think about them. And, though I'm NOT suggesting you follow my lead, I'll admit that I've been anything but dilligent in even keeping the tips clean and I still have had no problems after months over wearing them approximately every other day, usually for a good two - three hours.

And here's the best thing about them in my opinion (well, the isolation is in contention here, too) is how versatile they are. Not only, as has been said, are they good for use in many environments (and saviors in loud ones), they also take VERY well to equalization or a simple turn of the bass and treble knobs. If you find them bright on a certain recording, you'll lose almost no detail by turning the treble down. You can also boost the bass a good bit and it remains tight, deep and detailed. These are excellent canalphones.

All this said, I do have a pair of Senn 590's on the way...
etysmile.gif
600smile.gif

Feb 26, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #48 of 49
Shure E3's are great when you're using public transportation (scrreeeeeeeeech.....whooooooooommm) or airplanes (rrrrrrrrrmmmmmm) though. No more covering your ears because those noises are loud enough to hurt :)

The HD590's sound flatter and have a nice airiness that the E3s don't...

Feb 28, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #49 of 49
If it was me in this situation id go with the 580`s. I always hate it when im totally isolated from the outside world, if im stationary. You have to stop the music for every little thing, if not take them out, cause you cant understand anything with your etys in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back