HD580 just dropped to $125 on amazon.com
Dec 22, 2006 at 10:07 AM Post #106 of 151
Just got my 580 package from Amazon today. I've been listening to it all night, and I like what I've heard so far. Not sure if I'm noticing the (in)famous veil yet; I need to do an a/b test with the hf-1 to get a taste of it. It is super comfy.

How long do you guys suppose I should burn it in?

Dec 22, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #107 of 151
Wow, what a good price.

Such a good price, that I was able to talk my dad into getting a pair for christmas to replace is awful HD280pro.

You know i'll get plenty of listening time in as well. Going to have to compare them to my DT770pro and Darth Beyers.
^_^

UPS says they'll arrive today. Can't wait!

Dec 22, 2006 at 3:27 PM Post #108 of 151
Just ordered mine yesterday ... can't wait
smily_headphones1.gif
. Curse you head-fi!!!

Dec 23, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #109 of 151
I just got mine in the mail and i have to say, coming from the HD555s, these are MUCH nicer. The bass is more present and tighter..the hi are soo crisp compared to the 555s its amazing. The mids are about the same, maybe alittle more up front on the 555s then the 580s. However, the soundstage seems smaller on the 580s. Also, you can notice these cans want more power...my go vibe is maxed out right now and the music is just a tad uncomfortable. The 555s could go well above the point of being comfortable, basically blow your ears drums in a matter of seconds. However, the 555s are bigger, which might be better for people with HUGE ears. The sound from the 555s are darker so might be a better choice to use them for extended periods of time. The pads on the 580s are also stiffer then the 555s, maybe due to the size. The also seem to have alittle more pressure on your head, this might cause the better bass reponse.

Just intial thoughts, these have alittle burn in them already from the person i bought them from...but hardly enough for a good break in. Im going to put about 24 hours of straight bassey music and about another 72+ hours in normal listening and post back thoughts...

But off the bat...much nicer tigher bass, CRISPY hi's, smaller sound stage...if the 555s put you in the 10th row, the 580s bring you up to 1st or 2nd row. I belive with the amp, the 580s are surely worth the extra money vs the 555's. I almost find myself wanting my 555s back for hours of gaming.

Dec 23, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #110 of 151
My dad's came in yesterday, the box said Made in Ireland.
He's happy as can be, and I've already had a few chances to listen to them.

^_^

Dec 23, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #111 of 151
Hey tower, good to see you on headfi =-) This is the same HighLife from [H]

Mine are are also Made in Ireland , which is says on the box. I find it funny that the specs are written in German, Looks like spanish? and English ehehe

Dec 23, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #112 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey tower, good to see you on headfi =-) This is the same HighLife from [H]

Yea, I noticed that just as I replied to your post on [H]. Always nice to meet people from both forums.

Your initial impressions are right in line with what I'm finding from my initial impressions.
It's funny, but I'm a little surprised.... after hearing them for the first night, it reminded me of my HD590's. They are more close than I would have initially thought.

Dec 24, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #113 of 151
Whoo! I ordered 600 Grills and 650 Cable from Senn on the 20th. Grills came today. Interesting, considering the woman said they were OOS when I placed the order. They got them here fast though! My cable didn't come though. Anyone ever had issues with that being back ordered? They were seperate orders, I got the grills over the phone and cable online, but both invoices came in the mail today... just only the grills actually arrived.

Dec 24, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #114 of 151
Had my 580's for a week due to the notice about the Amazon price drop. They are very, very, impressive (this coming from a long-time Grado listener). SR60's are certainly more forgiving on some mp3's and the HD580's crave power to drive them correctly, but 580's @ $125 are a bargain. Thanks for the alert on this one.

Dec 24, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #115 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gil Schwartzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoo! I ordered 600 Grills and 650 Cable from Senn on the 20th. Grills came today. Interesting, considering the woman said they were OOS when I placed the order. They got them here fast though! My cable didn't come though. Anyone ever had issues with that being back ordered? They were seperate orders, I got the grills over the phone and cable online, but both invoices came in the mail today... just only the grills actually arrived.

How much did the grilles cost you? How about any noticeable difference between the 2?

Dec 25, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #117 of 151
Put mine on today... love em! The headfive seems to drive them quite well. Already have the 600 grills on... still waiting on the 650 cable. They still need more burn in time, but I am very happy so very. Very detailed... and not as dark as everyone made them sound. I also don't see to be experiencing any veil.

Dec 27, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #118 of 151
Cable came!

cans105.jpg

cans109.jpg

cans106.jpg

Here is a wide shot of my listening area (messy
frown.gif
)

cans118.jpg

I am entirely unsure what to do about the headband. On the one hand, I know that having it all black would look dead sexy, and I bought paint stripper a few days ago just for that occasion. On the other hand... the Sennheiser logo on top looks very nice... I don't want to get rid of it
frown.gif
. I wonder if it is possible to buy just the headband from an HD650.

Dec 27, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #119 of 151
I just pulled the trigger and bought a pair. 125 clams! What a steal! Can't wait to hear what they sound like on my Hornet. Happy!

Dec 27, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #120 of 151
Already have some 595's, though tempted to jump on this. What kind of a difference in sound signature could I expect?

Also, would these have good synergy with a Zhaolu D2C w/ discreet amp?

So tempted
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back