HD565 Ovation - were they Senns top model?
Jul 31, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
What else is different from the picture I found... it looks like the text has changed location, but is there something else? Just curious, both pictures look like the same body design.

The text has only changed location because in your picture, the left earcup is in the foreground, and in the other, the right is. I think it looks plastic because of the way the photo was taken/angled.

Jul 31, 2006 at 1:30 PM Post #33 of 33
Remember that the 565's came in 'blue' and 'grey'. I didn't even know this until the rep gave me some grey capsules as replacements and I found them to be a different colour. My 'blue' 565s had always looked grey to me. So, 'cool grey' and 'warm grey' really!

Comfort? fantastic, but I like the 580 head grip.
Sound? until you hear a 580/600/650 you wouldn't think you were missing anything. Not quite as good, but they sound 'just right' in their own right.

If they had better connectors (the cable/capsule junction) then these would be the one of the best bargains out there. I am going to attempt a repair on my old dodgy capsules (bending the springs back into shape).

Interesting to hear that the 595 isn't as good. I have never investigated the 590/595 avenue which I have always seen as trying to appeal to a different market

Users who are viewing this thread

Back