HD555 vs SRH440
Oct 1, 2010 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Circuitbender

100+ Head-Fier
So, how would the SRH440 sound compared to the HD555? I have a foam-mod HD555 that's been broken in for about 10-15 hours with rock music... I love it but I want a closed, circumaural pair of cans as well.

Oct 1, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 4
I much prefer the 440s (minus the coiled cable). Higher resolution and less grainy than 555s, with a good warmth in midrange (Shure signature sound). Bass quantity is average at best, and soundstage is average for a closed-back, and isolation is ok but nothing to write home about.

Oct 1, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Ok, so I like the coiled cable, like the midrange quality (listen to rock, blues, jazz, metal, etc.)

In terms of isolation, it's OK, but it's at least better than the HD555, right? Would you say it's suitable for, say, a library (because I wouldn't call the 555 library-friendly :p)

Quote:
I much prefer the 440s (minus the coiled cable). Higher resolution and less grainy than 555s, with a good warmth in midrange (Shure signature sound). Bass quantity is average at best, and soundstage is average for a closed-back, and isolation is ok but nothing to write home about.

Oct 1, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #4 of 4
Yeah isolation is better than 555s and barely any leakage unless you crank up the volume really high.

Quote:
Ok, so I like the coiled cable, like the midrange quality (listen to rock, blues, jazz, metal, etc.)

In terms of isolation, it's OK, but it's at least better than the HD555, right? Would you say it's suitable for, say, a library (because I wouldn't call the 555 library-friendly :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back