HD280: a "no-no" in public
Aug 8, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #16 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by subfocus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just tell her you wear them around the city for a perfectly good reason...... when listening to your music on the 280s , you have less time to stare at other women
evil_smiley.gif

A pair of KSC75s and a DAP (Zen Nano+) are going to my wife. Gonna see if it works.

Aug 8, 2007 at 1:01 PM Post #17 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by m1k3-tets1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A pair of KSC75s and a DAP (Zen Nano+) are going to my wife. Gonna see if it works.

Clever move my friend
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #18 of 53
Quote:

Clever move my friend
wink.gif

Gonna also switch from 280s to K81DJs. Mayb it'll also help. She's my wife...

Aug 8, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #20 of 53
As long as you aren't breaking any laws, or disturbing/hurting anyone, do whatever the hell you want. What harm are you doing by wearing big ugly headphones in public? People walk around all the time committing fashion 'faux pas', i seriously doubt that a pair of ugly headphones is even a contender compared to some of the hairstyles, makeup and clothing some idiots wear in public. My favorite are the 'muffin-tops', I will never, for as long as I live, understand this fad. Nor will I ever understand how ANYONE (regardless if sex and or sexual orientation) in the known universe finds that look attractive.

*confused*

Aug 8, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #21 of 53
Quote:

Just tell her you wear them around the city for a perfectly good reason...... when listening to your music on the 280s , you have less time to stare at other women
evil_smiley.gif

Bad idea. This implies that when you are alone and do not have the headphones that you DO stare at other women. A quick way to find yourself sleeping on the couch.

Aug 8, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #23 of 53
A900 in public is brutal. Kids on the skytrain always staring

Aug 8, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #24 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As long as you aren't breaking any laws, or disturbing/hurting anyone, do whatever the hell you want. What harm are you doing by wearing big ugly headphones in public? People walk around all the time committing fashion 'faux pas', i seriously doubt that a pair of ugly headphones is even a contender compared to some of the hairstyles, makeup and clothing some idiots wear in public. My favorite are the 'muffin-tops', I will never, for as long as I live, understand this fad. Nor will I ever understand how ANYONE (regardless if sex and or sexual orientation) in the known universe finds that look attractive.

*confused*

Well... he is in Russia, they like any other country have their own set of cultural/fashion dos' and donts. I don't see how wearing a headphone in public harms anyone to the point of causing trouble.

Aug 8, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #25 of 53
I would be more worried about people harming you instead of the other way around, i.e, getting mugged/killed for them like in that newsarticle awhile ago.

Aug 8, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #27 of 53
personally I wouldn't recommend wearing HD-280s in the hot glaring sun while walking around working up a sweat, as you dont want sweat convering the headband and ear cups making the headphones eventually very grosse likely to a point you won't want to wear them.

However if you're in a bus or its not too warm out, then I'd say go ahead. People really shouldn't care how you look too much in public (as long as your fairly appropriately dressed) I mean have you seen what a lot of people look like when you're outside. Seriously a slightly clunky headphone isn't gonna be the meanest eye sore on the street, you can bet on that.

Aug 8, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #29 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well... he is in Russia, they like any other country have their own set of cultural/fashion dos' and donts. I don't see how wearing a headphone in public harms anyone to the point of causing trouble.

Good point! My comments were indeed made thinking about where I have lived all of my life (USA).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back