HD25-1 II Velour Pads (ARGH!)
Jun 17, 2008 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Leto Atreides II

500+ Head-Fier
Why is it that the only online stores that carry these are in Australia, Germany, Slovenia, etc... anywhere but the US? Did these headphones never get sold in the US or something? I know that's ******** because the announcing crew at the NBA finals is wearing them!! So what, does ABC have to order these from Europe, too?

Jun 17, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 16
...just found a place with cheap international shipping:

chemical-records.co.uk

Jun 17, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #4 of 16
Man, I searched on the sennheiser-usa website for over an hour, and I never found the parts department. Doh

Jun 17, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #5 of 16
same for me...i am also looking for Velour pads.

Any idea how much they cost in US?

Jun 17, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
same for me...i am also looking for Velour pads.

Any idea how much they cost in US?

Click on facelvega's link. $13.82. Done.

Jun 17, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #7 of 16
The great thing about the sennheiser parts department is that they'll take your order and bill your credit card whether or not an item is in stock.

I had great fun ordering hd25 velours, because not only did i get to wait a month for them to get in stock, once they *were in stock, sennheiser shipped my order without them.

And then promised to send the pads alone and didn't until i called them back two weeks later, and they couldn't find any record of my previous call.

Jun 17, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #8 of 16
Well, I'll just chargeback their ass if they try that. No time for weeks of drama.

Jun 17, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #9 of 16
Why are all of you folks afraid to call and speak to the gals and guys in the Senn. parts dept.at Sennheiser USA. They DO have the velour earpads - just ask for a pair (you'd also prob. like the Senn. adjust. hanger that was always packaged with the HD595's (they're selling them for aprox $11 ea.). No fuss, no muss.........simply pick up the phone.
BTW - the headphones you're seeing used by commentators at NBA, and NFL games (and also noticed them at US Open this weekend) are Senn. HME25.

Jun 17, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #10 of 16
I think he was talking about the parts department at Sennheiser... which is where I ended up placing the order.

Jun 18, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why are all of you folks afraid to call and speak to the gals and guys in the Senn. parts dept.at Sennheiser USA. They DO have the velour earpads - just ask for a pair (you'd also prob. like the Senn. adjust. hanger that was always packaged with the HD595's (they're selling them for aprox $11 ea.). No fuss, no muss.........simply pick up the phone.
BTW - the headphones you're seeing used by commentators at NBA, and NFL games (and also noticed them at US Open this weekend) are Senn. HME25.

Bush Guy,
Can you say something more about "the Senn. adjust. hanger that was always packaged with the HD595's"?
What are they used for?
Harvey

Jun 18, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #12 of 16
Sounds like that hanger thing that attaches to your desk that I've seen in a few pics here. Would be very handy actually.

Jun 18, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Click on facelvega's link. $13.82. Done.

bingo. Oddly way cheaper than in Germany.

I should order a pair for a padless HD25sp I just got from a friend. How much does Senn charge for shipping? BHphotovideo.com has these pads for only $13.50 plus $4.95 for UPS, so they may actually be slightly cheaper. (NB, the B&H description says leatherette for both the pleather and the velour pads, but if you look at the parts numbers, the velour pads are the cheaper ones.)

Jun 18, 2008 at 9:58 AM Post #14 of 16
Getting hold of some Sennheiser stuff can be a nightmare. I've waiting months and months for some of the stuff to come. you just have to catch it at the right time.

Jun 19, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #15 of 16
Apparently they were backordered, with a 'promised' ship date of a week hence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back