HD 800 (really considering it)
Oct 26, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #32 of 36
I live in the UK :frowning2:
CanJam was just in London. I bet there are meets somewhere in the U.K. you could attend . Just looked and there is one in April at Milton Keynes looks like a big one also. Just a thought.

Oct 26, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #34 of 36
Oct 27, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #35 of 36
Listening to my dads 598s right now and bass shy? Nope... not through his Kenwood amp setup using my poor phone as a DAC (Samsung S5 has an awful DAC compared with the S3)... and it's flat.
When a song requires bass, aka trance, the bass is there.

It certainly sounds like it has as much sub bass as my M100s.

Not sure I like them compared to my M100s though in SQ. Can't disern that they have a wider sound stage or more detail pick up, but I don't have an A-B.
I'd say however they suit more styles.
The voices come out better.

Upon more of a listen, the more natural sound helps even metal songs.

The treble is certainly less pulled back so I'm hearing more bite in cymbals.

I wouldn't say the sound stage is wider though, considering they are open compared with my closed M100s.

Is that just me?

I may have to try the HD600s-650s now.

LOL whoops though. I was listening to a song and could litterally feel the bass.
Turns out I had the amp set to play out the speakers too :/

Oct 30, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #36 of 36
Decided on maybe the LCD 3.. That was a flip but I'll give them a listen soon!

But then I heard a few reviews stating the lack of upper treble response and I'm back to square one.

Have reviewers just listened to older revisions and haven't updated findings, with improved response?

Does changing the wood/pads affect the sound? i.e with the LCD 3 you can choose between Lambskin and Micro suade..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back