HD 800 New at Best Buy
Oct 13, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

The $ loss from a returned item won't dissolve and vanish but rather affect the people associated with Best Buy, i.e. prices go up.

you think the $$ loss from a few returned headphones are going to cause best buy to raise their prices? i hope that was written in jest
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:
Head-Fi is a big forum and thus my wish that its many people take it in jest.

I honestly thought he was serious. When you think about it, it IS a $1500 product, you should be able to try it out and see if you like it, before  committing to such a huge purchase, especially considering how many alternatives there are (LCD-2, Tesla T1, etc)

Oct 13, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #19 of 25
Perfectly appropriate if you are truly, seriously buying them and return them because you find you just don't like them. 

Disgusting behavior if you buy them merely to play around with no intention whatsoever of purchasing.

Oct 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

The $ loss from a returned item won't dissolve and vanish but rather affect the people associated with Best Buy, i.e. prices go up.

Wow I can't believe someone actually cares i'm returning something to best buy. Anyway it's a great idea if you don't have any other way to try headphones (except a headphone swap by mail) and don't feel like selling a new pair. And if you are buying anything at Best Buy, you are going to have a lot more issues than slightly elevated prices over their markup. I bought my 650's from them for $500, they hope they can sucker people at full retail.

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #21 of 25
Amazon does the same thing, BTW. More than once I've ordered something and shipped it back for a full refund.

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:
Amazon does the same thing, BTW. More than once I've ordered something and shipped it back for a full refund.

yet with Amazon, you have to pay for return shipping (they actually subtract the shipping cost from the refund credit).
return shipping is free for a damaged/defective product, which is easy to claim when you are returning electronics.

anyone know if the HD 800 demos are available in canada?

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:
yet with Amazon, you have to pay for return shipping (they actually subtract the shipping cost from the refund credit).
return shipping is free for a damaged/defective product, which is easy to claim when you are returning electronics.

anyone know if the HD 800 demos are available in canada?

Thus why I mentioned the best buy thing, you can pick up and return in store, or have it shipped to you. Very handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back