HD 650s as a workout can? Oh yes!
Jan 31, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #17 of 34

Quote:
Because clearly we all need prestine sound quality when working out.

This.

Use the KSC75, and call it a day. Super open, doesn't EVER slip off your ears, offers great sound, and the pads can easily be replaced at any Radio Shack or anywhere else. If you're against IEMs, the KSC75 is 2nd best, IMHO.

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #19 of 34

Quote:
I wouldn't risk dropping these from either them falling off or some cord accident, and yeah, I'd rather not sweat all over an expensive pair of headphones. And from my experience, you're not exercising hard enough if you're not breaking a sweat.

My cutting technique is intermittent fasting, 1gm protein/lb lean body mass, calorie cutting (and measuring) and lifting VERY heavy with low reps.  Cardio is just 'extra'.  I have some exercise cans for the gym that are chosen more on convenience than sound quality - although these are still pretty good (Audio Technica).

And it's not that I'm not breaking a sweat, but not sweating all that much - the cardio is tacked onto the end of the fast, where intense cardio would likely lead to muscle breakdown, but low/slow cardio accesses fat stores.  I'm also taking EC stack or CY stacks.

All this is to say - I know what I'm doing, brah.

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #20 of 34

Quote:
Might as well use speakers if you're going to use open headphones..especially when you're home.

Would really annoy the neighbors, and the speakers aren't as good (unfortunately) as mah HD 650s.

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #21 of 34
What the hell, guys? Someone shares a simple story about their dedication to head-fi, and you poop on it, everyone. I for one am proud of this man and would gladly emulate such behavior if I didn't hate exercise.

You people are worse than the unicorn that stabbed to death the only other remaining unicorn with its horn. Just awful.

Feb 1, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #22 of 34

Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't risk dropping these from either them falling off or some cord accident, and yeah, I'd rather not sweat all over an expensive pair of headphones. And from my experience, you're not exercising hard enough if you're not breaking a sweat.

My cutting technique is intermittent fasting, 1gm protein/lb lean body mass, calorie cutting (and measuring) and lifting VERY heavy with low reps.  Cardio is just 'extra'.  I have some exercise cans for the gym that are chosen more on convenience than sound quality - although these are still pretty good (Audio Technica).

And it's not that I'm not breaking a sweat, but not sweating all that much - the cardio is tacked onto the end of the fast, where intense cardio would likely lead to muscle breakdown, but low/slow cardio accesses fat stores.  I'm also taking EC stack or CY stacks.

I never understood why people go through such elaborate cutting schemes.  Calories in vs. calories out concentrating on getting the right percentages of protein, fats, and carbs is tried and true and much less painful than fasting.  That being said I'm far to lazy to diet, but I am hoping to reach a 1.5x bodyweight squat doing that 5x5.  

Feb 1, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #23 of 34
A 1.5x bodyweight squat should be easy to do. Even for 5x5. Try doing some 1.5x bodyweight bench presses. That requires some work. I missed it by 15 pounds when I was lifting.

disastermouse, what is a CY (yohimbine and caffeine?) stack and why no A in your EC/CY stacks?

Feb 1, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #24 of 34
Omega-3 and green tea both boost metabolism, plus other wonders.  The problem with North America is we have too much Omega-6 fats in our food, if we have too much Omega-3s, then we need more Omega-6 to lose weight, a 50-50 ratio is perfect for the human body, it gets more complex with Omega-9 fats in the equation. Google is your friend.

I wouldn't want to sweat all over my headphones.

Feb 1, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #25 of 34

Quote:
A 1.5x body weight squat should be easy to do. Even for 5x5. Try doing some 1.5x body weight bench presses. That requires some work. I missed it by 15 pounds when I was lifting.

disastermouse, what is a CY stack and why no A in your EC stack?

1.5x bodyweight squats are easy?  Are you on drugs?  lol

Let's see for me that would be 345lbs 25 times.  I'm talking squats too.  If you aren't below parallel it doesn't count.  

Feb 1, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #26 of 34
Yeah, I know what and how a squat works and doing 345x5 for 5 sets should be easy. I was doing >1.5x bodyweight squats (425-450 pounds) for my working sets without much problem and I was drug free, for the record. And really, that is a pretty weak squat to be honest. Squats were my weak point out of the big three.

Feb 1, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #28 of 34
Sure it's easy. All you do is squat. Squat heavy. Do heavy singles and doubles. Box squat. Those are awesome. Do lots of deadlifts. They help a lot. I did squats once a week if that and it just happens. I didn't put much effort into it. I hate squatting, I did it mostly just to appease the lifting gods and so I wasn't one of those top heavy dumb looking pencil legged wannabe body builders. I made sure my legs were in good proportion to everything else. The bad thing is, my legs grow incredibly fast (even though they don't get strong as fast) and when I stopped lifting my upper legs measured 31" around each leg. That makes it kinda hard to find comfortable pants.

But you are correct...most people out there probably can't squat their own weight and would die under a barbell with 1/2 their weight.

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #29 of 34

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I never understood why people go through such elaborate cutting schemes.  Calories in vs. calories out concentrating on getting the right percentages of protein, fats, and carbs is tried and true and much less painful than fasting.  That being said I'm far to lazy to diet, but I am hoping to reach a 1.5x bodyweight squat doing that 5x5.  

I'm doing the cals in/cals out, and percentages - fasting allows me to feel completely satisfied for at least 8 hours/day.  Otherwise, when I cut calories, I feel hungry all day.  With fasting, I feel hungry everyday (Duh!  It's a diet), but I also feel completely full everyday.  It's not for everyone, but it works well for me.  It's not magic, it's just a strategy that allows me to cut longer and eat foods with higher calorie densities when I DO eat.

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #30 of 34

Quote:
A 1.5x bodyweight squat should be easy to do. Even for 5x5. Try doing some 1.5x bodyweight bench presses. That requires some work. I missed it by 15 pounds when I was lifting.

disastermouse, what is a CY (yohimbine and caffeine?) stack and why no A in your EC/CY stacks?

Aspirin is unnecessary according to studies and it introduces unnecessary dangers (stomach ills, etc).  CY is Yohimbin and Caffeine, it's used in place of EC after having fasted for a few hours because it's most effective when insulin levels are lowest.  When you're eating, EC is fine because your insulin levels are already elevated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back