HD 650 Deals?
Dec 5, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #31 of 60
I got my used HD650 already, it's on my head now and wow.....I might even like them more than my Alessandro and they are very comfortable!

1 qns, the foam and the band has flatten where can I get replacement? I can't find them in ebay.

...I always thought I am a Grado guy, listening to the HD650 make me want to cry. IT IS REALLY GOOD, it play everything so well and I do not want to take it off my head.

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #34 of 60
Photo of mine HD650 I bought used for $165 :)
-

Dec 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #37 of 60
The sound make me want to cry, I think it is very good. Very easy to listen, I don't know why people call it dark and slow. I am use to Grado and other Sennheiser headphones and I don't think the HD650 is dark. I don't know why people say it is dark, maybe we all use different source and AMP. To me it is smooth, transparent and the bass is exactly how I like it, hard/fast and not overwhelming.

To me it is like smooth beer :)

It can play all music beautifully. If I have 1 and only headphone, this is it. Although I am sure there are many other options there, I certainly have no problem using it as the one and only headphone and no need to check at the rest.

The supply like headband padding, cups are expensive! I also hope the plastic can be of higher quality other than that I do not have much complain.

Dec 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #38 of 60
By the way, the guy I purchased it from was previously working for Sennheiser. He told me the HD650 is really a very good headphone to keep.

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #40 of 60
Quote:
Whoa. Nice. Does this have the black or silver drivers? I can't tell from this pic. Here's a one for reference. http://www.head-fi.org/t/613082/sennheiser-hd-650-headphones

Look like black driver to me.

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #41 of 60
Quote:
Quote:
Photo of mine HD650 I bought used for $165 :)
-

Whoa. Nice. Does this have the black or silver drivers? I can't tell from this pic. Here's a one for reference. http://www.head-fi.org/t/613082/sennheiser-hd-650-headphones

For $165, I wouldn't care if it were a black driver. hehe. 

I agree with what the OP said though. If I were to only have 1 headphone, the HD650 would probably be it. It's my favorite all-around headphone. I've gone through a fair number of headphones, and the HD650 (and Grado RS1i) are the only ones I refuse to sell.

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #42 of 60
Yeah, looks like the black drivers. Actually mine are the newest version and I'd be interested in hearing the black driver version. Anyone want to loan me a pair for a quick audition? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #43 of 60
Is there differences about the 2 drivers or only cosmetic differences?

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #44 of 60
I haven't heard the old drivers but they say that there is a difference. I'll let someone else confirm/deny this. 

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #45 of 60
This afternoon I dismantled the HD650, clean it up and replaced the round disc that is about to disintegrate with a black stretchable fabric. I also stuff the headband with micro-fiber wool :)
-

-
Guess I did well too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back