HD 600 vs HD 650
Nov 20, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #76 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HAHAAHHA

Nah I am talking about TTD Caribbean money. $1 US = $6.30 TT

In reality after vat an shipment I guess the HD 555 costed me $180 USD. Or $1000 TTD.

From Miami it has to be shipped here then needs to clear and u pay 15% VAT and then 30% Duty thats 45% of the total price. Thats for this dumb government here to do god alone knows what with the money as we still do not have a police force. Well we do but they never come when u call the idiots.

Steups I going and do like my uncle he migrated to Florida USA and now he living it up big. He claims America is the greatest place on earth to. Plus he is a Computer Science professor so I assume his business is fix. lol

I gonna do just like this guy so I can also live it up on South beach with all those Latinas like Shakira. Miami is filled with them.

i sold my HD555 for $110 and got HD600 for $260 with HD650 cable.

Nov 20, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #77 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In reality after vat an shipment I guess the HD 555 costed me $180 USD.

eek.gif
That is robbery. there is no other way of looking at it...

Nov 20, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #78 of 441
FWIW If anyone is still interested, I actually had the chance to compare the two side by side (both new version if anyone is interested) with the same cable (2x Blue Dragon V3s) at a meet a few weeks ago out of my system, which I'm very familiar with. With the same cables the difference was very small, much smaller than I had expected. The only thing that I could tell that differentiated the two apart was the bass. ie. 650s bass hit a bit harder than the HD600s. They didn't seem to have a darker signature, better seperation, more layed back, more sound stage etc..

Iirc Gradofan2 mentioned that he couldn't tell the difference between the two, and I thought he was smoking crack, but having A/Bed both I guess I was wrong O_o (or maybe we're both wrong
tongue.gif
)

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #79 of 441
2 cents' worth:

I've noticed distinctions similar to some of those reported here:
The 650's originally wowed me with fuller bass (not the 600 strongest aspect) - but after more than a year of A/B comparisons in the normal course of things - it became apparent (subjectively, to my ears) that I preferred the the detail & crispness of the 600's (more of it than the 650 across the whole frequency spectrum). Even preferred the bass - 650's sound a tad muddy / more marshmellow-ee" down low, when I listened to them immediately after the 600's.
Stream of consciousness impressions of both:
650: more syrupy sweet, slower, fuller but less articulated bass; nice but not exceptional mids (smooth but not siky); rolled-off highs
600: bass not as full, but tighter and IMHO more impactful; super clean, crisp, detailed, silky mids; more air in high frequencies.

gave the 650's to a friend.

Kept the 600/Cardas as monitors for home studio:

PRS Signature guitar-->Vetta II digital amp (Analog Devices Tigershark DSPs)-->MBox USB Audio/MIDI Interface--> Mac G5 running Pro Tools (32 track/192khz sampling)-->Headroom Cosmic-->HD600

Sounds just like it does coming out of the Vetta's 2x12 150w cabinet, just not as loud!

Nov 21, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #80 of 441
HD600's black box looks better than the silver box of HD650's!!

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #82 of 441
the Marble finish at times looks very cheap and at times looks very royal to me.

but what i really love are the Grills..very professional look

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #83 of 441
hey guys btw.. has anyones HD600 or HD650 headband undergone Cracks?

i noticed they dont look very tuff..maybe because i am nervous handling them?

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #84 of 441
Only the paint on the headband on mine has crackled a bit and it is already quite old and has been used a lot.
As long as you don't make them fall from the table all the time and other stuff like that I think you shouldn't worry.

Feb 3, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #85 of 441
Yeah, avoid falling off the table. >.<
Is there more than one way to burn in? Once a burn period is over, are the changes, that the headphones will undergo, over as well, or can they change to approach what would have been optimum for a "better" burn-in?

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #89 of 441
One of the best guys in the world at mastering records, Steve Hoffman, uses HD600's. I had the HD650's, but couldn't get over the buried upper midrange. Need to try the HD600's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back