HD 600 vs HD 650
May 24, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #406 of 441

The next step is to get a nice tube amplifier and DAC. I might actually try the HRT Music Streamer DAC after hearing some good things about it. 

Curious if you ended up going with the Bottlehead Crack... I've been perusing the forum dedicated to it and some of the builds are gorgeous!

Aug 22, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #408 of 441
Setup: Xonar Essence STX(stereo output to 3.5mm) > HD600.

Just got HD650, and from my comparison testing thus far, it sounds fairly recessed/dark/uneven, with more detail/clarity, smoother treble, and more-yet-muddy/fatiguing/'cheap' bass(very disappointing). Only the treble/vocals sounds better to me than the HD600. So, these will very likely be sent off to Ebay, unless there's some fix I'm missing. They are used, so I'd imagine they have been worn in, but they are quite clean...

When I put the HD600 back on, everything sounds right again. <3 Except for slightly bright treble(and a bit less detail/clarity). Would an O2+ODAC / Magni+Modi make any difference? Or do I need to take a significant leap up, and get an Asgard 2+(something) / Essence One / NFB-12 / etc?

Thanks!

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #409 of 441
Hi everyone,
Like others before me, not knowing what to think of these two headphones, I bought two for my own idea.
And I'm good listener, there is clearly a relationship between them! Well it was obviously predictable. I still have to really decide which I like best is not earned but well, I will not keep 2 so ...
To be continued ...

Sep 24, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #410 of 441
Do the frequency graph's give out the precise information of the difference between these two can's upper frequency?

I'm wondering what frequency to boost, on the 650's, and by how many decibels to replicate the 600's upper range.

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #413 of 441
Setup: Xonar Essence STX(stereo output to 3.5mm) > HD600.

Just got HD650, and from my comparison testing thus far, it sounds fairly recessed/dark/uneven, with more detail/clarity, smoother treble, and more-yet-muddy/fatiguing/'cheap' bass(very disappointing). Only the treble/vocals sounds better to me than the HD600. So, these will very likely be sent off to Ebay, unless there's some fix I'm missing. They are used, so I'd imagine they have been worn in, but they are quite clean...

When I put the HD600 back on, everything sounds right again. <3 Except for slightly bright treble(and a bit less detail/clarity). Would an O2+ODAC / Magni+Modi make any difference? Or do I need to take a significant leap up, and get an Asgard 2+(something) / Essence One / NFB-12 / etc?

Thanks!

I have the HD 650. And I have tried it with various Amps and DACs at various price points.

More or less, your opinion of the HD 650 is pretty close to the truth.

A USD 500 amp may help a little bit. But don't expect a miracle. The differences will be small.

However, the Sonarworks VST plugin may be useful for you.

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #416 of 441
Owned the 600 for about a month but had to return it due to the right earcup loosening where it joins with the headband.  Just ordered a pair of the 650 for the same price I ordered the 600, so I guess it's worth checking out.  The 600 was indeed very analytical (paired with my O2).  It can be both a good and a bad thing depending on your taste.  Some recordings just don't fare well at all, given the 600's flat/neutral sound signature (I don't use EQ, btw).  

Oct 20, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #418 of 441
Hi,

I know this is the comparison thread for HD 600 vs HD 650. But can anybody please tell me if HD 650 is better option (Sound wise) than HD 8 DJ?

I am considering to sell HD 8 DJ and buy HD 650 as per various reviews I have read, and I feel HD8 DJ uncomfortable to wear for movie watching.

Thanks,
Ajay,

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #419 of 441
  Hi,

I know this is the comparison thread for HD 600 vs HD 650. But can anybody please tell me if HD 650 is better option (Sound wise) than HD 8 DJ?

I am considering to sell HD 8 DJ and buy HD 650 as per various reviews I have read, and I feel HD8 DJ uncomfortable to wear for movie watching.

Thanks,
Ajay,

The HD650 is one of the best headphones ever made. I had not heard of the HD 8 DJ until you just mentioned it now. If you buy the HD650, make sure you get a decent amp for it.

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #420 of 441
Thanks for your reply Joeq. But HD 8 DJ is also famous and we can see very good reviews for it and ofcourse I like the sound and all but just feel uncomfortable for long listening.. I am looking for some suggestion from someone who tried them both. I too feel 650 will be good but want know if it is good decision on selling HD 8 DJ and buying 650.

Thanks,
Ajay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back