HD 600 vs HD 650
Apr 2, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #257 of 441
I'm still trying to toss up between the D2000, DT880/600, HD650/HD600, and FA-002 (woodied)

I wish I could hear these before purchasing.

I'm trying to get my hands on some of the new light wood FA-011s but no one has them, Fischer needs to get their **** together. I'm sitting here with money and they don't have any interest in getting it from me.

When i finally track them down I'll post an impression of them. Personally, though, with so many great alternatives in their price range, I can't really recommend HD600/650s anymore.

Jul 31, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #259 of 441
It will be difficult to put my opinion in words but what I don't like about the HD650 is that I can't "touch" artists and instruments. The cans produce nice and pleasant sound but everything sounds like on a record not like a live genuine presentation. Vocals lack soul and they fail to convey that feeling that I'm listening to a real person. Never had this with the HD600 and other headphones I have and had in the past. Never had shivers sent down my spine with these.

Jul 31, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #260 of 441
Quote:
It will be difficult to put my opinion in words but what I don't like about the HD650 is that I can't "touch" artists and instruments. The cans produce nice and pleasant sound but everything sounds like on a record not like a live genuine presentation. Vocals lack soul and they fail to convey that feeling that I'm listening to a real person. Never had this with the HD600 and other headphones I have and had in the past. Never had shivers sent down my spine with these.

Which amp do you use for the HD600?

Jul 31, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #261 of 441
Little dot MKIII. It's a shame I sold my HD600s. They were my favourite cans. I still have Beyerdynamic DT150s which I rate above the HD650s - more musical, larger sounstage and as resolving as the HD650s and can be had for around 80£ used on ebay. The HD600s have more sparkle and resolution than both. 

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #262 of 441
Quote:
Little dot MKIII. It's a shame I sold my HD600s. They were my favourite cans. I still have Beyerdynamic DT150s which I rate above the HD650s - more musical, larger sounstage and as resolving as the HD650s and can be had for around 80£ used on ebay. The HD600s have more sparkle and resolution than both. 

Do you think that amp put out enough voltage to hear the HD600's at their potential?

Aug 1, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #263 of 441
Quote:
Do you think that amp put out enough voltage to hear the HD600's at their potential?

There is always a small room for improvement with more expensive amps I guess but I'm certain that I got most out the HD600s. The designer of the LD amp has voiced this amp with the HD600 and HD650 so they both sound great but the HD600 is just magical. This is a tube amp and it doesn't struggle to drive high impedance phones though both are quite sensitive and don't require a lot of voltage. 

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #264 of 441
I'm listening to my hd600 and they are just great. the flatness is exactly what i've been looking for.  I would recommend these over the 650 for flatness.  any more bass might be nice for those who want it, but the bass is plenty and I wouldn't want to lose a spec of that nice treble.

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #265 of 441
Quote:
I'm listening to my hd600 and they are just great. the flatness is exactly what i've been looking for.  I would recommend these over the 650 for flatness.  any more bass might be nice for those who want it, but the bass is plenty and I wouldn't want to lose a spec of that nice treble.

After having both, I didn't feel that in my case, the bass on the HD-650 was any better.  I think with the HD-600, the frequency response is more of a "U" shape with a more gradual upwards bend towards the lower and upper frequencies.  But, I don't mind a bit of color being applied to my music either.

I ended up keeping the HD-600.  But, each individual has different tastes, but in my case, spending more for the HD-650 didn't mean that it was the better headphone, just because the cost was higher.

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #266 of 441
Quote:

After having both, I didn't feel that in my case, the bass on the HD-650 was any better.  I think with the HD-600, the frequency response is more of a "U" shape with a more gradual upwards bend towards the lower and upper frequencies.  But, I don't mind a bit of color being applied to my music either.

I ended up keeping the HD-600.  But, each individual has different tastes, but in my case, spending more for the HD-650 didn't mean that it was the better headphone, just because the cost was higher.

Interesting.  I find the hd600 to sound very flat with no noticeable bump in low or high frequencies.  I mean, maybe the smallest possible amount, but i would call them flat.  the graphs at en.goldenears is what they sound like to me.  especially after trying so many headphones, these sound very neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back