confused.gif

http://www.amazon.com/OSTRY-OS100-OS200-Earphone-Turning/dp/B010WMDJDK

Feb 4, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #1,819 of 2,486
  OS100: LF less, dental correction Medium
OS200: low volume foot, dental correction stronger
OS300: low-frequency volume, tone correction strong teeth
confused.gif

http://www.amazon.com/OSTRY-OS100-OS200-Earphone-Turning/dp/B010WMDJDK

100 means has little effect on the highs (low small effect), 200 means it's medium effect on the highs (medium effect), 300 is highest effect on the highs (strongest effect). It all has nothing to do with your teeth or a dentist, haha.

In other words, 100 is a low reducing sibilance filter, 200 is in between 100 and 300, and 300 has the strongest effect on the highs as a filter to reduce sibilance. With comply tips you don't really need these as the Havi sound just perfect on the edge with them. If you don't like comply then the 100 is good as it will have the least effect but a small one to reduce sibilance. 

Feb 5, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #1,820 of 2,486
So I've been listening to it with the double flange for about a day. Sure its more open at the upper mids and lower highs, but the lower mids dan the bass suddenly went downhill.
The sound lacks in body and it sounds hollow, compared to the default tips.

Am I installing the double flange (I doubt it since its quite straight forward) wrong? Considering going back to the stock tips

Feb 6, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #1,826 of 2,486
Any improvements noted when switching to comply foam?

It's extremely individual. I really don't like the B3's with comply tips at all while other's seem to be just fine. Tha being said I'm not overly found of complys in general.......

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #1,827 of 2,486
Yes there is a difference as with all foam type tips they reduce the sibilance. If the sibilance bothers you comply or any foam type tip will help adjust reduce and smooth it out. If sibilance does not bother you or you do not feel like there is any present then the last thing they can be is just comforting over long periods of time as they do not go in your ear canal. I like both but comply types just seal well and reduce sibilance bringing out the mids and are more comfly for long periods of time. A downfall is they are soft so if you are rough you can tear them and they will eventually wear out.

One major thing is that comply will not effect the soundstage as they have a wide opening, whereas other types of tips like flanges are smaller and when inserted can bend and close the sound stage and effect other things. If you use something other than compmy then be sure to use the one that has the largest opening and that it meets other requirements for you also.

Feb 6, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #1,828 of 2,486
I find the soundstage to be significantly reduced with complys ( probaly because I've got narrow ear canals), I also find the treble to be muted and loose energy and bass to be less correct (more muddy) than with non-fomams. Again fit and tips are so personal that any generalisation is almost impossible in my opnion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back