Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Jan 31, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #1,791 of 2,486
 Mine also has a small crack on the right side even even though I baby them. Looks like a production failure. :confused:

Yep seems like it , Definitely......but failures like weakened strain relief,3.5mm jack,cable kinks,audio cuts out,irritating statics,one side completely dead etc are quite common for an IEM but never seen/heard a complaint like this.looks like some more people may pour-in.

Hope thats why the new revised version popped-up? Anyway I still have one in my cart (think 8/9 th time? cld be more) ready to pay coz Im just waiting for chinese new year to see my luck if lmue put on SALE. Last I missed to order was BF sale which was priced @$46.xx.

Jan 31, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #1,793 of 2,486
Then I dont know what the newer package differs from mine lol. I too have a cardboard package, not a plastic one.

Ooh Thought the newer ones (revised) got released a month or two ago.......If your b3s came packed inside the transaparent sexy squared box its the older ones.

Hope the newer ones dont fail in the same place? :rolleyes: oh and shd not on the others too, as im just a mm away from ordering. :wink:

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #1,794 of 2,486
Bought mine on Dec 2014. It came in the cardboard packaging. 

Excuse the cable. Replacement is still in the mail. It has been a bad couple of months of not being able to use them. I cannot wait.

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #1,795 of 2,486

I received mine in december and was taking some pictures for my review a couple of days ago when i first spotted it. It was driving me nuts since i babied them like my 4 years old GR07 (that only has some small painting wear) and was really pissed off thinking on how could i open a crack like this without notice (it comes all the way from the top to the bottom of the shell). 

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #1,796 of 2,486

I received mine in december and was taking some pictures for my review a couple of days ago when i first spotted it. It was driving me nuts since i babied them like my 4 years old GR07 (that only has some small painting wear) and was really pissed off thinking on how could i open a crack like this without notice (it comes all the way from the top to the bottom of the shell). 

Wow that's a big crack! Are you sure you didn't hit them on the rock lol.

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #1,797 of 2,486
Wow that's a big crack! Are you sure you didn't hit them on the rock lol.

That's what really intrigued me... I took them 4 times out of home and all of them in their pouch inside another pouch where i store all my gears when i go out and they stay most of the time in my backpack. Maybe they couldn't handle their own bass after using the OS100 tips... 
tongue.gif

But seriously, if the case was a strong hit in them, i would guess that the first thing to break would be the glass. I didn't listem to them in the last week so i'll try them later and see if something changed. 

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #1,798 of 2,486
Maybe they couldn't handle their own bass after using the OS100 tips... :p

Lol! Seems like the new tuning didn't go so well with the old shell. :D

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #1,799 of 2,486
Mine were cracked also but only on left IEM and it was small only near the strain relief about 2mm long. I got a replacement though. Mine was ordered from LMYE's and they did confirm they were the "new" version. I still think they are worth every penny! No hard feeling to Havi, still an excellent product!

I think the issue maybe they are tightened with the internal screw just a tad too much and upon pressing them in and out or just handling them are causing these cracks if they were not there initially or they are already there like in my case. I know mine were already there as that is how they came out of the box as it was the first thing I looked at and did an exchange immediately. The housing is well made and hard plastic, I can't believe anyone can make a crack like the one's above with usage alone as those cracks are near the screw on the inside. If that screw it past it's torque limit that is what a crack from the screw should look like. So far all the cracks I've seen in the Havi post are near the screw not anywhere else. But that last post above that has the crack across the whole shell is really bad. Worst I've seen yet, but I still love them. I would buy a new pair ASAP again regardless of the quality control. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back