Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Jan 27, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #1,756 of 2,486
  I have the LG Pro. You need to use JetAudio Plus. It has a 24band EQ. You can turn down -3db the 1.8khz and 9Khz it it will smooth it out. Actually that will smooth out any IEM. The foam comply tips will reduce the treble a lot too. I can send it to you if you like.

Thanks for the tweak. I just tried the foam tips but I don't really like it because it makes the soundstage smaller and the sound a bit dark to my taste. I will wait for the jvc sprial tips and give an update later.

BTW got my pair 2 weeks ago and today I found out about this crack.

Jan 28, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #1,759 of 2,486
Thanks for pointing this out.. Think I am going to like the less bass of B3Pro1 becz I never craved for bass in any of my earphones.

If you felt like it, you could slap on a pair of Ostry Blue tips (OS100) to bump up the bass a little with minimal tradeoff in soundstage. 

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #1,760 of 2,486
If you felt like it, you could slap on a pair of Ostry Blue tips (OS100) to bump up the bass a little with minimal tradeoff in soundstage. 

How much of an improvement are we talking about? More than JVC spiral dots tips? Is it really worth getting Ostry OS100 tips?

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #1,761 of 2,486

I really didn't like the red/orange tip that came with my KC06A.. With wide bore tip, the sound was airy and more clear as compared to that one.. Since blue OS100 tip just adds a little bass as you say, I might get those if I am not satisfied with the final results.. Either way, appreciate your insight.. Thanks

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #1,762 of 2,486
How much of an improvement are we talking about? More than JVC spiral dots tips? Is it really worth getting Ostry OS100 tips?

Pretty difficult to quantify but it's kinda like reducing and smoothing the treble while filling out the bass. The soundstage reduces to a 'normal' above average size.
I originally got them for the Trinity Delta but someone had reported great success using it with the Havi.

I really didn't like the red/orange tip that came with my KC06A.. With wide bore tip, the sound was airy and more clear as compared to that one.. Since blue OS100 tip just adds a little bass as you say, I might get those if I am not satisfied with the final results.. Either way, appreciate your insight.. Thanks

Improvement is different from a wide bore like the Spiral Dots, that enhances detail and openness while the OS100 closes in the sound. Quite dependent on personal preference actually. I personally love the Havi soundstage and character with the SD but since this is an easily reversible tweak I decided to roll with it for a bit.

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #1,763 of 2,486
Pretty difficult to quantify but it's kinda like reducing and smoothing the treble while filling out the bass. The soundstage reduces to a 'normal' above average size.
I originally got them for the Trinity Delta but someone had reported great success using it with the Havi.

Improvement is different from a wide bore like the Spiral Dots, that enhances detail and openness while the OS100 closes in the sound. Quite dependent on personal preference actually. I personally love the Havi soundstage and character with the SD but since this is an easily reversible tweak I decided to roll with it for a bit.

Exactly my thoughts!! I think I'll love my Havi more with wide bore tips.. Will have to wait and see. I ordered them from lendmeurears, might take 2 weeks I think.

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #1,764 of 2,486
Honestly, just give your ears some time to adjust before worrying about the tips. It might take a while, but you'll find the bass quantity to be perfectly fine. I think for over a year I felt like the B3P1 was a bit bass-light. Now, I think it's got enough punch considering its neutrality. What's affected my outlook? Mainly I have to blame my Supra 2, which is the most neutral IEM I've had in my ears and yet still isn't boring somehow, which happily confounds me. It has about the same quantity of bass as the B3P1 so after all this time, I no longer feel the Havi to be bass-deficient in any way.

Jan 28, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #1,765 of 2,486
When I'm listening to RnB (for example: Neyo's "Miss Independent"), I think that the bass quantity was spot on. Its not going to be club-level bass or when you feel like you need the bass to pumped you up, but its just the right amount as the recording allows it.

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #1,766 of 2,486

They are my preferred tips. To my ears they also gives you better clarity and deph but that can be just because my ears like the fitting of the OS100 better. 

Thanks for the tweak. I just tried the foam tips but I don't really like it because it makes the soundstage smaller and the sound a bit dark to my taste. I will wait for the jvc sprial tips and give an update later.

BTW got my pair 2 weeks ago and today I found out about this crack.

I have the same crack! Yesterday i was taking some pictures for my review and noticed the same crack in the same spot. Will post a picture when i get home. 

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #1,769 of 2,486
frown.gif
Me too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back