Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
May 23, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #901 of 2,486
I'm curious as I don't have the T1, but how do you think the vocals compare? To date, the B3s are still the best IEMs for vocals in my stable.

The vocals on the T1E's are nowhere near the quality of the B3's. These two are very different sounding to my ears with the bass being the strongest part on the T1E's, other than that they're just averag, YMMV.

May 24, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #903 of 2,486
just got this combo last week 
biggrin.gif

well, this is my best simple setup under $150 (havi b3, x2, ortofon eartips)
perfectly synergy sounding & cover up the lack each other
havi sounds great and full, all sectors present so good 
ksc75smile.gif

soundstage and separation so clear wowowowo never found such sounding for IEM under 70bucks 
evil_smiley.gif

well, I recommend this guys, worth to try & have
beerchug.gif

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz321/hanifphoto93/10431553_899267700115705_5100226352322674109_n_zpsjn2yipc0.jpg

edit, hmmm i cant uplaod my pic to head-fi 
confused_face(1).gif

May 28, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #904 of 2,486
Hi guys, i'm about to buy a H3 

I'm considering

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Professional-Top-Quality-HAVI-B3-for-MP3-Player-music-in-ear-Earphone-Noise-Cancelling/1791770374.html 

Even after concerns i suppose it is safe to but from them due to ratings.

I've read there are no false ones floating arround.

My setup will be H3 + Fiio E11 + Sansa Clip Rockboxed , until i get a Fiio X1

Do you suggest getting extra eartips that ones from JVC or Sony?

May 29, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #907 of 2,486

+1. There are quite a lotta pairs of eartips with these. Most didn't work well with my ears so I stuck with the stock red cores, but you can't fault them for putting in so many eartips.

You could try up/sidegrading to Spiral Dots. 
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #908 of 2,486

You could try up/sidegrading to Spiral Dots. 
biggrin.gif

I just can't quite justify spending so much on eartips! That's the thing, while I hear minute differences, they just don't cause enough change to warrant buying them, it's just how my ears react. I'm the same with cables, I hear a little difference, but usually not enough to justify getting them for sound quality. I get them instead for convenience factor; ya know, like swapping out a headphone cable that's 3m long for one that's 1.3m long since I only listen to headphones at my desk.

May 29, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #909 of 2,486
  Hi guys, i'm about to buy a H3 

I'm considering

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Professional-Top-Quality-HAVI-B3-for-MP3-Player-music-in-ear-Earphone-Noise-Cancelling/1791770374.html 

Do you suggest getting extra eartips that ones from JVC or Sony?

That's a pretty good price. 46 Euros with shipping included. I paid 53 at Amazon a couple of weeks ago.

I second the recommendations regarding the eartips. It comes with so many that I'd try them first and see what works for you. In my case I didn't get a good seal/comfort with any except the memory foam ones.
I've never used memory foam (Comply, etc) but it is comfortable indeed. Too bad they degrade and are expensive. 
I'll probably order some of these later: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00THKPMCA/

May 29, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #910 of 2,486
I am using Havi B3 Today with my Fiio E17, using wide bore JVC tips (the non spiral variety). And holy god these are amazing no matter what I listen. Metal sounds thunderous and guitars are so clear, it feels like I can peer right through the recording.

These things can easily compete with the big boys. I don't know what kind of voodoo Havi had to do to make this happen but damn these things are amazing still to this day. I have had them for almost a year now and I can EASILY say these are my favourite along with the VE Zen earbuds. Metal and rock and Pop sounds heavenly with it. The custom tips gives a more intense sound but the wide bore tips gives a nice relaxed sound with easily to hear details and nice soundstage. Good to have the best of both worlds.

Am thinking if its worth getting another pair to possibly get it reshelled as a custom IEM. I think they are that good! 

May 29, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #911 of 2,486
Months ago I was looking into a pair of B3 Pro 1s and I was dissuaded by influential forum members' complaints about channel imbalances and other quality control issues. My wife just gave me a pair for my birthday on the 27th and I've kept them burning in non-stop since I opened them. They have a long way to go yet, but I'm really digging the colossal sound stage and spectacular instrument placement. The hype is real: you really do feel like you can pinpoint every instrument, vocal line, and digital sample's position in physical space—almost like you can close your eyes, reach out your hand and grab the drums or bass or whatever. It's pretty incredible.

These are already sounding like a cousin to my Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 Duozas, albeit without the sub-bass emphasis and featuring more lively treble (basically, more tonally balanced). I wish I'd gotten these much sooner and I'm really looking forward to hearing them once they're totally broken in.

May 30, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #912 of 2,486
  I am using Havi B3 Today with my Fiio E17, using wide bore JVC tips (the non spiral variety). And holy god these are amazing no matter what I listen. Metal sounds thunderous and guitars are so clear, it feels like I can peer right through the recording.

These things can easily compete with the big boys. I don't know what kind of voodoo Havi had to do to make this happen but damn these things are amazing still to this day. I have had them for almost a year now and I can EASILY say these are my favourite along with the VE Zen earbuds. Metal and rock and Pop sounds heavenly with it. The custom tips gives a more intense sound but the wide bore tips gives a nice relaxed sound with easily to hear details and nice soundstage. Good to have the best of both worlds.

Am thinking if its worth getting another pair to possibly get it reshelled as a custom IEM. I think they are that good! 

IKR! The Havis simply sound heavenly. The signature quite resembles the HD600 to my ears and that's fantastic. I've tried a number of other iems but the havis always end up winning me back.

May 30, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #913 of 2,486
Is it me or is it measured again? http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HaviB3Pro1.pdf

See no real big deal channel imbalances + compare it to mp8320: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/Monoprice8320.pdf

May 30, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #914 of 2,486
  Months ago I was looking into a pair of B3 Pro 1s and I was dissuaded by influential forum members' complaints about channel imbalances and other quality control issues. My wife just gave me a pair for my birthday on the 27th and I've kept them burning in non-stop since I opened them. They have a long way to go yet, but I'm really digging the colossal sound stage and spectacular instrument placement. The hype is real: you really do feel like you can pinpoint every instrument, vocal line, and digital sample's position in physical space—almost like you can close your eyes, reach out your hand and grab the drums or bass or whatever. It's pretty incredible.

These are already sounding like a cousin to my Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 Duozas, albeit without the sub-bass emphasis and featuring more lively treble (basically, more tonally balanced). I wish I'd gotten these much sooner and I'm really looking forward to hearing them once they're totally broken in.

I agree! Probably because they're both dual dynamic drivers.

Is it me or is it measured again? http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HaviB3Pro1.pdf

See no real big deal channel imbalances + compare it to mp8320: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/Monoprice8320.pdf

Definitely looks like Tyll had them remeasured. I recall the original graph had a significant difference in the highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back