Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Mar 5, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #587 of 2,486

Recommend this to you:
http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Easy-Sound-Conditioner-Machine/dp/B00GFSF402/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1425497210&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=noise+generator+for+sleep

:0

Nice! It's similar to what I currently use, which is a rain machine. Just plays the sound of rain all night - very peaceful.
normal_smile .gif

Mar 5, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #589 of 2,486
Can anyone here comment on how the haves would sound with comply T-400 foam tips ?

I like the comfort of the previouse ones I had but there is the possibility these will sound worse with the tips.

Mar 6, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #591 of 2,486
  Can anyone here comment on how the haves would sound with comply T-400 foam tips ?

I like the comfort of the previouse ones I had but there is the possibility these will sound worse with the tips.

I haven't used those particular tips before, but from reading other people's experience with them, it sounds like they'd reduce the hi's and make it a little muddy.

Mar 6, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #592 of 2,486
  Great news 
biggrin.gif

My topping nx1 amp should arrive sometime today so I'll be making my first review here on the havis as soon as I get it

I've been using my Havi's with my NX1 for about a month now and LOVE it. It's like a breath of fresh air when I turn up the volume on my NX1.

Mar 6, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #593 of 2,486
Well the topping nx1 nifty little thing 
biggrin.gif

Amping the havis to me help to bring out the subtlety's in the music and this is especially apparent when switching from not using an amp on
a source like the IPhone 5. The packege also had a lot of a lot of other goodies considering their price. It comes with the cable to charge it obviously but also two elastic bands and velcro stickers to bind it with a dap or smart-phone. The amp itself is smaller that what I had originally thought looking at it from the pictures, yet being built aluminum has a very confident feel to it (in other words built like a "tank" so to speak). It does its job and more importantly does it without coloring or distorting its tone in anyway as far as my ears can tell. If I had to pick one gripe it would have to be what others have confirmed already. If I put it next to or very close to my phone it will pick up the 4g signal as cracks and pops when using data. Not a huge deal though IMO because I can simply download the songs or use wifi when needed.

With that I have also had a lot of time with the havis now to fill up a proper impressions on them.

Admittedly at first I wasn't all that amazed with the sound to be quite honest.
triportsad.gif
To give context at the time I was using the klipsch s4 II which had a very sculpted signature. So going from that to the havis was jarring for the first few days due to hearing perception at the time.

But after that it was smooth sailing 
bigsmile_face.gif

Switching between the havis and glitch I noticed the havis had such a natural timbre to them as well as being open and detailed. While the klipche simply feel back in both these areas by sounding dark and veiled. The havis also had another thing of there own..........................................a truly SURROUNDING sound-stage.

What was once an enclosure was now an expansive sound-scape ready to be filled with music

The build is also hardly close to what other earphone designs use; they do use plastic for housing and a rubber cable but the similarities ends there. The glass is beautifully and at first I thought this glamor would come at the expense of comfort. Yet they didn't disappoint, the engineers did one bang up job of making sure the housings where ear shaped and thus after a few minutes they go unnoticed.

Now for the cons. Which aren't truly cons just things that buyers need to know before pulling the trigger.

1. They do get a good benefit from amping

2. Tips can have a dramatic effect on the sound so try them all to see whats best (Normally I'm a medium but with these the small tips fit)

Now if I had to improve something on the havis it would have the be the bass. Sure its enough to hear but know that when tuning to a neutral sound signature the bass won't pound or punch.

To conclude I'd give the havis a 9 out of 10 stars for rating. In other words buy them if you really want to hear the nuances music has to offer 
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 16, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #597 of 2,486
I bought the B3 because I was looking for a neutral IEM that didn't cost too much, and on that front they deliver. They sound good.

But two pairs have broken for me. In the first, the right earpiece died. Mp4nation was responsive and sent a new pair quickly; however, this one just died too...the cable apparently severed in or near the plug. At first if I rotated the plug in a certain position it worked, but it eventually failed altogether.

Similarly, I had a couple pairs of Hifimans die on me a few years ago. You just can't trust Chinese stuff, unfortunately. I could make another warranty claim for the B3's but I'd just be wondering when, and bracing myself for the third pair to fail, and that's no way to be.

Mar 16, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #598 of 2,486
  I bought the B3 because I was looking for a neutral IEM that didn't cost too much, and on that front they deliver. They sound good.

But two pairs have broken for me. In the first, the right earpiece died. Mp4nation was responsive and sent a new pair quickly; however, this one just died too...the cable apparently severed in or near the plug. At first if I rotated the plug in a certain position it worked, but it eventually failed altogether.

Similarly, I had a couple pairs of Hifimans die on me a few years ago. You just can't trust Chinese stuff, unfortunately. I could make another warranty claim for the B3's but I'd just be wondering when, and bracing myself for the third pair to fail, and that's no way to be.

I am loving the synergy between the Fiio E17 and B3 pro 1. Was listening to whenever, wherever by Shakira and got the vocals sounded so life like. It was natural to the point it sounds as if she is singing in front of you. Not hyperbole, but this is Havi with the large stock tips. I love the wide bore double flange senns but they don't seal that well :frowning2:

Any one know of a better fitting shallow fitting wide bore double flange? Any help would be appreciated :)  Havi def sounds better out of the E17 than the SMSL M2. Cant wait to see how much more the havi scales with even better amp/dacs. 

@slowpogo Sorry to hear about your troubles man, i too had a faulty first pair with channel imbalance. Second pair is holding up rather well. It sucks, as I had to RMA my KZ iems AND my VSD3. The wait sucks big time. I would like to note that I got my iem from a different retailer and didn't hear of too many problems from their batch. 

At this point you have nothing to lose

Tell you what, why don't you email Penon audio at penonaudio@hotmail.com. I am not working for them but many, including myself, have had terrific customer service experiences with them. They have helped out lots of people fromm head-fi. Just tell them that you were having trouble with B3 Pro 1s from MP4nation and that u were referred to them by posters here. I can't guarantee they can do anything obviosuly but more often than not they do help in some way. They have me as a customer for life as they have helped me out of their own pocket many a times. otherwise I would not be recommending them to you. They even sent us all christmas cards as well, if you can believe that!

Also, I would also recommend that you wrap your iems with the 3 finger method when ur not using them and storing them in the case. I used to go through a new pair a month before I got these iems and I baby them a lot now. Not saying its your fault, but you can take some easy steps to ensure you can avoid common mishaps :). You're not a newb obviously going by your post count but I thought I would mention them just the same. Keep us appraised on what happens.

Mar 16, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #599 of 2,486

Ouch, sucks that you're having troubles. I got mine from PenonAudio and recommend them just like RedJohn. Great service. Luckily, my B3's are still going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back