Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Dec 13, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #196 of 2,486
Maybe you should consider an amp with power and hear the night and day difference
wink.gif

I am thinking I might have to get one, have any suggestions for amps with the best synergy with the b3?

Dec 14, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #199 of 2,486
Topping NX1, Cayin C5, or one of the higher end Fiios.

+1 for the NX1 and the C5. I find the NX1 superior to the E11 and C5 superior to E12.

Biggest difference between the two is that the C5 is dead quiet while the NX1 has some background his with easy to drive units. The C5 is also more refined over all.

C5 is da boss :wink:

Thanks for the suggestions bhazard. Can any of those be operated in like desktop mode? I want to use with with line out from my smsl m2

Yes they do but both add some noise when charged while used....

I actually like my Bravo V2 hybrid as well but only with hard to drive headphons/IEM's since it also add quite some hiss and pops with easy to drive units.

Dec 15, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #201 of 2,486
Just a quick question: Is there a consensus on which tips gives the best SQ? I have read that the double flanged sennheiser tips should be the best for soundstage. 

the stock tips give the best bass and solid midrange. widebore jvc gives me the best combination of bass and sounstage. the senn double flanges doesn't seal as well for me but seems to give good soundstage at expense of bass.

Personally I like alternating between the stock tips and the jvc tips every once in awhile

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #204 of 2,486
I don't see the need for amping if your devices have enough juice. Just if you want a "different" and paraphs better sound, marked by that specific amp effect/impact/signature.

My smartphone plays the Havi at 70% volume and work laptop at 40%. More than this sound gets too loud.

But i'm curious to get an amp, beside E6, just to see how it sounds. I believe you when you say B3 needs an amp to revele his true potentiality. 

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #205 of 2,486
If you like the bass quantity and overall sound signature of the Pistons, get the VSD3S. The Havi B3 doesn't have that bass quantity. And it is not as fun as the VSD3S. If you prefer a bigger soundstage and better imaging go for the B3. Though VSD3S soundstage is relatively good. Haven't heard GR07 but people say its soundstage is not as good overall as VSD3S.

Edit: GR07 soundstage comparison.

It just so happens that I tried them both ytd after accidentally finding out about the B3s while looking for an alternative to my over-ear cans and lurking in the V1.0 thread for a few days.

I actually like both their signatures very much, the VSD3S sounds brighter and has thumpier bass somewhat and is also very airy. The B3.. Soundstage is really.. Wow. Never would I have thought that an iem could have such a gigantic soundstage. The sound is a little more 'veiled' and dark in comparison to the VSD3S. However after a few minutes, I found my ears feeling a little tired while listening to the VSD3S and the darker sound of the B3 became really pleasant and enjoyable.

Very very very nearly just pulled the trigger on the B3s there and then but I managed to walk away to protect my wallet (for now anw lol).

And then I hear this thing about an upcoming B6???

Dec 17, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #206 of 2,486
It just so happens that I tried them both ytd after accidentally finding out about the B3s while looking for an alternative to my over-ear cans and lurking in the V1.0 thread for a few days.

I actually like both their signatures very much, the VSD3S sounds brighter and has thumpier bass somewhat and is also very airy. The B3.. Soundstage is really.. Wow. Never would I have thought that an iem could have such a gigantic soundstage. The sound is a little more 'veiled' and dark in comparison to the VSD3S. However after a few minutes, I found my ears feeling a little tired while listening to the VSD3S and the darker sound of the B3 became really pleasant and enjoyable.

Very very very nearly just pulled the trigger on the B3s there and then but I managed to walk away to protect my wallet (for now anw lol).

And then I hear this thing about an upcoming B6???

Well, put things in perspective. If you had pulled the trigger, you'd probably end up with both the B3 and B6 eventually. So you at least minimized the damage to your wallet.

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #207 of 2,486
just spent two hours with the B3/JVC spiral tips ..stright into the sansa clip+ loaded with wav files...
great time, i could reach my listening volume, punchy bass, clear highs...v enjoyable.

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #210 of 2,486
Hehehe :b I will still try the sennheiser df before I decide to order the spiral dots, though 

I just ordered them. Could not resist. They are the most expensive tips I have ever bought, but this is mainly due to the shipping from Japan ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back