Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Nov 23, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #151 of 2,486
Two nice tip sets for B3:
- Vsonic foams from Penonaudio. A little hard to insert, need some push. More bass and the treble is tamed a bit.
- For deep insertion, the single flange Meelec. Same behavior as the prior. Very comfortable silicone.

In B3 and VSD3S I use deep insertion. Just put them normally and after push clockwise and feel them slowly getting deep in ear. Very comfortable. The housings doesn't really matter. They got hold by the ear canal from the nozzle.

I amp VSD3S but I don't amp B3. Used the FiiO E6 before but they emphasize the highs so stopped...They are quite nice on a Oneplus One. VSonic's OK at about 1/3 max volume and B3 at 2/3...I think they're nice w/out an amp with enough power sources. VSD3S actually benefit from E6, for more treble presence and clarity. Even definition.

But I wanna buy an amp soon...Is it really worth? How it changes the sound? can I get an amp that does not emphasize the trebble making it harsher? IYKWIM

I saw NX1, Cayin C5...Don't know much about amps...What about the FiiOs? The new E12...Other? Recommendations pls...

BTW I also wanted to listen to GR07 Classic...Though of buying it but don't know...Now i think that having the Altone 200 I don't get much from getting GR07, just killing curiosity...Rather think about the KC06 and VC1000 to try some mid centric...

Also think B3 is slightly V shaped.

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #153 of 2,486
So...
Cayin C6 - 200 dollar
Cayin C5 - 170
FiiO E18 2014 New rev. B Version - 165
FiiO E12 A New - 165
ifi-Audio Nano-iCAN - 170

Found these at similar price...

But don't understand much about amps and dacs...Just got a FiiO E6

Help :p
For B3...But also a little general for use with other IEMs...

Was forgetting NX1...Count it in lol

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #154 of 2,486
But I wanna buy an amp soon...Is it really worth? How it changes the sound? can I get an amp that does not emphasize the trebble making it harsher? IYKWIM

In my mind, it's almost mandatory with the B3. The B3 sounds "fine" and "good" unamped, but nothing special (for me). But when I add the C&C BH amp to the equation, they really come to life and sound remarkable.

Quote:
So...
Cayin C6 - 200 dollar
Cayin C5 - 170
FiiO E18 2014 New rev. B Version - 165
FiiO E12 A New - 165
ifi-Audio Nano-iCAN - 170

Found these at similar price...

But don't understand much about amps and dacs...Just got a FiiO E6

Help :p
For B3...But also a little general for use with other IEMs...

Was forgetting NX1...Count it in lol

I'm not familiar with any of those, but as mentioned, the B3 sounds great off of the C&C BH ($100) (paired with the C3 or the ihifi 770).

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #155 of 2,486
I'm thinking about buying these but.. I don't have an amp.. BUT.. my source, a Note 3, has an audio mod called Viper4Android. (If you don't already know, it lets you tweak the clarity, bass, surround effects, etc to sound). 

The mod lets me increase the gain considerably. I don't know the exact db, but maxed out it makes my current earbuds (TTPOD T1-E) sound about 70-75% of the full volume on the first volume notch. I'm also noticing a bit of background noise with the highly sensitive T1-E. I'm hoping the Havi's won't have this issue. Are the Havi's still worth buying as an upgrade to the T1-E? 

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #156 of 2,486
  I'm thinking about buying these but.. I don't have an amp.. BUT.. my source, a Note 3, has an audio mod called Viper4Android. (If you don't already know, it lets you tweak the clarity, bass, surround effects, etc to sound). 

The mod lets me increase the gain considerably. I don't know the exact db, but maxed out it makes my current earbuds (TTPOD T1-E) sound about 70-75% of the full volume on the first volume notch. I'm also noticing a bit of background noise with the highly sensitive T1-E. I'm hoping the Havi's won't have this issue. Are the Havi's still worth buying as an upgrade to the T1-E? 

Hey mocklee,

I myself purchased a Havi Pro 1 without possessing an amp at first. It sounded great out of my laptop and cellphone (blackberry z30). The only difference was that I needed to use a higher volume on my devices. I finally got an SMSL M2 amp/dac and I find that the Havi scales nicely as you upgrade individual gear in your audio chain. So no need to fret to get an amp right away. Contrary to what others may tell you I thoroughly enjoyed my Pro 1 without  the use of an amp. With that said, the b6 is slated to come in the future so depending on how patient you are at the moment (believe me I am not the most patient person :p) you may opt to wait to see how the b6 turns out.

Or you can just pick up the B3 now and get the b6 later. As I always say, go big or go home :wink:

Seriously though, the Havi have a very balanced sound signature and it might not seem that much of an upgrade with respect to bass, as more of a sidegrade. But be prepared to hear new things in your favorite songs because this headphone is Transparent to a T. And fun to listen to! I have been jamming some Final Fantasy orchestral pieces and some Game soundtracks (deus ex and halo) and I just lay back and closed my eyes and let the music surround me. It's that good man.

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #158 of 2,486

Hey mocklee,

I myself purchased a Havi Pro 1 without possessing an amp at first. It sounded great out of my laptop and cellphone (blackberry z30). The only difference was that I needed to use a higher volume on my devices. I finally got an SMSL M2 amp/dac and I find that the Havi scales nicely as you upgrade individual gear in your audio chain. So no need to fret to get an amp right away. Contrary to what others may tell you I thoroughly enjoyed my Pro 1 without  the use of an amp. With that said, the b6 is slated to come in the future so depending on how patient you are at the moment (believe me I am not the most patient person :p) you may opt to wait to see how the b6 turns out.

Or you can just pick up the B3 now and get the b6 later. As I always say, go big or go home :wink:

Seriously though, the Havi have a very balanced sound signature and it might not seem that much of an upgrade with respect to bass, as more of a sidegrade. But be prepared to hear new things in your favorite songs because this headphone is Transparent to a T. And fun to listen to! I have been jamming some Final Fantasy orchestral pieces and some Game soundtracks (deus ex and halo) and I just lay back and closed my eyes and let the music surround me. It's that good man.

Woo!!!! A fellow video game soundtrack listener!!! Deus Ex: HR and especially the Halo soundtracks are amazing!! Halo ones are my favorite still. the soundtracks from AC3 and AC4 are pretty good too. Crysis 2 soundtrack was also pretty amazing.

Nov 24, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #159 of 2,486

Woo!!!! A fellow video game soundtrack listener!!! Deus Ex: HR and especially the Halo soundtracks are amazing!! Halo ones are my favorite still. the soundtracks from AC3 and AC4 are pretty good too. Crysis 2 soundtrack was also pretty amazing.

High five! can you recommend me some good ones? I love spotify and its collection of soundtracks. I just watched interstellar last night and can't wait to get its soundtrack, will sound amazing on my havi me thinks!

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #162 of 2,486

High five! can you recommend me some good ones? I love spotify and its collection of soundtracks. I just watched interstellar last night and can't wait to get its soundtrack, will sound amazing on my havi me thinks!

I don't have much of a collection on any level, but Deus Ex: HR was great, Assassin's Creed 3 and 4 were great, everything related to the Halo games (Halo 3 being one of my favorite soundtracks and just the Halo theme being an iconic part of my musical memory), Crysis 2 was incredibly appropriate in its representation of the situation in which you find yourself in-game, the Dark Knight trilogy was good, I found the Mirror's Edge soundtrack to be brightly simple, music from the first Iron Man movie was good, and the Begin Again soundtrack was great too.

The previous run-on something or other emcompasses the soundtracks I possess and have listened to. Great music all around. I'd say Halo 3 knocks it outta the park with inspiring you as the protector of Humanity while the Crysis 2 soundtrack does the exact opposite, making you feel as if you're in an ultimately futile struggle for life. Well-done pieces of music and very enjoyable both in-game and out.

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #164 of 2,486
so my Havi B3 pro 1's arrived yesterday and my initial impression was a little underwelming, esp in the lower frequencies. Don't worry I was quietly waiting for some breaking in to improve things.

Anyway I just had one of those Wow moments when I was literally hit with the soundstage / imaging that these can deliver:

https://play.spotify.com/track/6afqo3FMwLAIY83lzDrjcC

very nice, I can't wait to see how much better they get.

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #165 of 2,486
Powering these with the new Denon DA-10 is an awesome experience! It's almost - alomost - like I don't even care about the B6
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back