Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Oct 9, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #2,176 of 2,486
Guys can my HTC 10 drive these earphones? Someone suggested these in my thread.
If you guys interested what my thread is there you go :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822484/any-suggestion-for-iem-or-closed-headphones-under-82-from-amazon-etc#post_12922488

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #2,177 of 2,486
If you guys interested what my thread is there you go :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822484/any-suggestion-for-iem-or-closed-headphones-under-82-from-amazon-etc#post_12922488

The havi need an amp.

Oct 9, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #2,178 of 2,486

I would say, why not?

These days, I mainly use Havis with my 2 years old OnePlus One at 40℅ volume (use them mostly at home where external noice levels are low, BTW). I find my OPO to be quite adept at driving Havis for a comfortable listening level(for me).

Yours being much more latest phone with even better specs (on paper) than mine, I would imagine it should be able to drive Havis without much trouble.

If you still want to be sure, then do check out reviews about your phone's audio output capacity and qualities before deciding.

Cheers!

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #2,179 of 2,486
Thanks for answer guys.The HTC10 has a built in DAC(not specified) and a headphone amp under the output.I read somewhere it has a 1W of output.I mean I didn't have Hi-Z pieces but most of people using it with m50s and m40s.They're saying it's fine.Also someone recently suggested m40x for my thread.But I'd like to go with dual driver IEM for difference and also flexibility of them.I'm student and using public transportation.

Oct 12, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #2,180 of 2,486
Thanks for answer guys.The HTC10 has a built in DAC(not specified) and a headphone amp under the output.I read somewhere it has a 1W of output.I mean I didn't have Hi-Z pieces but most of people using it with m50s and m40s.They're saying it's fine.Also someone recently suggested m40x for my thread.But I'd like to go with dual driver IEM for difference and also flexibility of them.I'm student and using public transportation.

Yes, V10 does drive Havi B3 as it has a very powerful amp.

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #2,181 of 2,486
hi guys, 
im interested to try this iem with his 3d soundstage 
bigsmile_face.gif

anyone had already try to buy this iem from aliexpress ?
thankyou for your help 
regular_smile .gif

HAVI B3 PRO 1 : https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-New-Professional-Top-quality-hifi-earphone-HAVI-B3-PRO1-for-MP3-player-music-in-ear/100486_32275428722.html

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #2,182 of 2,486
OMG, thanks for the link. Just tossed two more pair in my cart
biggrin.gif

As it has been said you really need a clean and powerful amp to take full advantage of what the Havi offers but with the right pairing you can pretty much end your search for Audiophile sound on the go
wink_face.gif

For me the best sub $400 rig I have would be the FiiO X3ii, JDS C421 and Havi B3 Pro1, this will probably get some flames around here but once again IMHO I truly feel this rig can deliver 85% of what could be considered the best (not to mention most expensive) rigs available. I recently got to hear the AK 240, Mojo with CA Andromeda's and for my hearing I get about 85% of this systems sound for a $4K savings!

I guess if you have the budget you could get that final 15% but I personally just can't justify that much more! I mean it is nice telling some other enthusiast that yeah I have this $4400.00 TOTL but to each his own and if you can do it by all means go for it
cool.gif

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #2,183 of 2,486
Hey guys. Just subscribed. Also just received my Havi's a couple weeks ago. Have only used the foam tips, as silicone tips are very uncomfortable to me. So far I find the bass more than
acceptable in quantity. Overall, a very good  sounding iem to my relatively inexperienced (and decidedly not golden) ears. As I have read elsewhere in this thread, the soundstage magic I
hoped for has not happened yet, likely due to the foam tips. Also, further use is likely necessary. Is there some kind of tip I could try that could give me both the comfort I need and the
soundstage I crave? Thanks.

Oct 19, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #2,184 of 2,486
I think sound stage is exaggerated in the thread. It is great for in ears but it doesn't match good headphones let alone a simple stereo hi-fi setup. Now I'm more used to in ears, I'm appreciating sound stage a bit more though, but what I like the most is the enormous flat fr which doesn't colour the music in any way. Great for classical

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #2,185 of 2,486
I think sound stage is exaggerated in the thread. It is great for in ears but it doesn't match good headphones let alone a simple stereo hi-fi setup. Now I'm more used to in ears, I'm appreciating sound stage a bit more though, but what I like the most is the enormous flat fr which doesn't colour the music in any way. Great for classical

What IEM's do you think have a better soundstage?

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #2,186 of 2,486
What IEM's do you think have a better soundstage?

I think you misunderstood. For people not familiar with in ears, when they read these impressions, they probably expect a bigger sound stage the Havi actually has. At least also for me. It should give a 3d sound stage but even compared to a simple stereo, it really falls short. For in ears though, the sound stage is crazy good, haven't found anything like it. For an in ear, the sound stage is great, but compared to.... You get it? :)

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #2,187 of 2,486
I think you misunderstood. For people not familiar with in ears, when they read these impressions, they probably expect a bigger sound stage the Havi actually has. At least also for me. It should give a 3d sound stage but even compared to a simple stereo, it really falls short. For in ears though, the sound stage is crazy good, haven't found anything like it. For an in ear, the sound stage is great, but compared to.... You get it? :)

But we are talking about a pair of IEM's aren't we? To say that the soundstage of the B3's is exaggerated because a stereo or a full size headphone surpasses it doesn't make any sense to me. Apple and oranges... You get it?

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #2,188 of 2,486
Hey guys. Just subscribed. Also just received my Havi's a couple weeks ago. Have only used the foam tips, as silicone tips are very uncomfortable to me. So far I find the bass more than
acceptable in quantity. Overall, a very good  sounding iem to my relatively inexperienced (and decidedly not golden) ears. As I have read elsewhere in this thread, the soundstage magic I
hoped for has not happened yet, likely due to the foam tips. Also, further use is likely necessary. Is there some kind of tip I could try that could give me both the comfort I need and the
soundstage I crave? Thanks.

I use large spiral dot tips on mine. I must have big ear canals cos they are the only tips that work for me, they have a wide bore which I assume helps with soundstage . I find that when I get the seal 'just so' something magical does indeed happen and I become enveloped in a 3D sound field. It's amazing, has even happened with some cruddy sounding bootlegs, felt like I'm actually at the gig . Of course this won't help you cos you don't like silicon!!!

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #2,189 of 2,486
But we are talking about a pair of IEM's aren't we? To say that the soundstage of the B3's is exaggerated because a stereo or a full size headphone surpasses it doesn't make any sense to me. Apple and oranges... You get it?

Yes but when you havent owned an iem yet or only cheap ones, and you read all the describtions of the sound stage, you might think it is indeed huge. For an iem it sure is huge, but if you havent owned one yet, you might think it's bigger than it actually is. Sure I have not heard a bigger sound stage in an iem, but newcomers might be disappointed coming from a home stereo and expecting 3d soundstage.

Oct 19, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #2,190 of 2,486
Yes but when you havent owned an iem yet or only cheap ones, and you read all the describtions of the sound stage, you might think it is indeed huge. For an iem it sure is huge, but if you havent owned one yet, you might think it's bigger than it actually is. Sure I have not heard a bigger sound stage in an iem, but newcomers might be disappointed coming from a home stereo and expecting 3d soundstage.

I'm sorry but for me it's kind of obvious that the soundstage is huge for an iem since it is a iem. With your reasoning no pair of IEM's could ever be described as having a large soundstage nor big bass presence (since a couple of 18" subwoofers in a HT would make any pair of IEM's sound anemic), doesn't make sense to me.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back