Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Oct 25, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #2,206 of 2,486
@Midgetguy.  I agree that it is often difficult to tell the difference between a regular old mp3 and a higher bitrate song. Always kinda put it down to age and a loud workplace. But, hey, maybe I'm not as old or as deaf as I thought! Woo-Hoo!
etysmile.gif

Seriously, while I enjoy hearing parts in songs that I hadn't heard before, it truly is more about the music and how it makes me feel.

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #2,207 of 2,486
The havi are the most intriging iems I own. Sometimes sound from another planet. Other times the sound hurts my eardrums and I find it very untunned.

What is your experince overall?

My experience so far has neither been otherworldly or painful. So far I love them. Have listened thru my iPod classic both amped and unamped  and they sound very smooth and enjoyable.
Have yet to try them with my Colorfly C3 or XDuoo X2. Just haven't found the time. Life just continues to interrupt my listening pleasure.
mad.gif
  So far I have less than 10 hrs on the B3s, but they sound darned good to me!

Oct 26, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #2,210 of 2,486
if you push havi very very hard for good placement there can be a little crack. and getting bigger when you push same place.

No idea how as I store them in the pouch when not in my ears. I have been incredibly careful with these.

I recently discovered something that might help.. 

Oct 26, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #2,211 of 2,486
  @Midgetguy.  I agree that it is often difficult to tell the difference between a regular old mp3 and a higher bitrate song. Always kinda put it down to age and a loud workplace. But, hey, maybe I'm not as old or as deaf as I thought! Woo-Hoo!
etysmile.gif

Seriously, while I enjoy hearing parts in songs that I hadn't heard before, it truly is more about the music and how it makes me feel.

I wouldn't say I'm old by any scale other than a caveman scale, but I'd say hearing can vary by day. It's about what your mind's like combined with how your body's feeling on any particular day.

No idea how as I store them in the pouch when not in my ears. I have been incredibly careful with these.

From what I've read about people and this issue, it seems to be the screw there is overtightened just a tiny bit. Not enough to see immediate issues, but tight enough to put pressure on the spot over time until you end up with that crack regardless of your treatment.

Oct 27, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #2,212 of 2,486
I think that today I achieved audio nirvana.

Setup was:
Streaming app
Iphone4
LOD
C&C BH2
HAVI B3

MY GOD. I have lots of iems and gear but this was really good...

Oct 29, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #2,217 of 2,486
OK so.... It seems unscrewing the screws isn't that easy with the potential to **** the gorilla glass. Is the sound affected by the crack or is it pure aesthetically?

I'm sure it's mostly aesthetic. The drivers are in their own separate rubber enclosure inside the outer housing. The housing on my pair split fully in two. Prior to that happening it sounded just fine. Glued it back together and was good to go 
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 31, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #2,219 of 2,486
Have been doing quite a bit of time with my Havis. Listened to them with each of my players. Sounded ok with my C3 and not so great with my XDuoo X2. I will say they showed (with the C3) that my C&C BK amp may need to be replaced.  I decided to give the Havis a shot with my home stereo. Uh, WOW. All the greatness came out. Soundstage, instrument separation and placement. Clarity. Clarity. Clarity.
bigsmile_face.gif
This was pure bliss. Now, I have absolutely no experience with high end and/or high dollar earphones or full size headphones, so I cannot say these are truly great iems. But, compared to the other iems I own and have heard through the same equipment, these are miles ahead of the others. Will be plugging them into the home rig again tonight, and grinning from from ear to ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back