Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Dec 9, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #1,546 of 2,486
One thing keeping me from LZ-A2 is possible quality issues with driver placement. Some have reported them coming loose inside housing...last thing wanna run into these lol
Secondly, I really like the comfort of a smooth braided cable vs standard cables, hence my wish to have a removable one with my next iems. 
Is the sound signature of A2 more like BA or dynamic drivers (Havi) ? 

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #1,547 of 2,486
  I wanna thank @Baycode and Havi for sending me a new B3 Pro 1 for my honest review. Will write it once it is fully burned in. From my initial impressions I think this is more of an improved and refined version of the old B3.
beerchug.gif

You're welcome Ozkan.

I need to thank Havi for providing the opportunity and thank you for interest.

Looking forward to the review. 

Enjoy :wink:

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #1,548 of 2,486
  One thing keeping me from LZ-A2 is possible quality issues with driver placement. Some have reported them coming loose inside housing...last thing wanna run into these lol
Secondly, I really like the comfort of a smooth braided cable vs standard cables, hence my wish to have a removable one with my next iems. 
Is the sound signature of A2 more like BA or dynamic drivers (Havi) ? 

I´d look into the Pai Audio MR3 then. :)

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #1,550 of 2,486
I came here to ask how the LZ-A2's compare to the Havi's and I guess I got my answer.  Thanks for the comparisons guys.

I "misplaced" my Havi's for the last few months and my wife found them while cleaning out some stuff.. (thank goodness they didn't get thrown out by accident).  Anyway, I'm listening to them now and loving them.  I even forgot my NX1 at home.. my work pc and youtube seem good enough to power them.

This may seem like a silly question since we're chatting about a sub-$100 thread, and you guys have kind of answered the question of what might be a direct upgrade to the Havi (might not be one without shelling out big $$$), but I'm just wondering if I wanted to upgrade the bass a bit, like add a bit of bass slam while still having the gorgeous presentation of treble/mids/soundstage of the Havi, what would you guys recommend?  What's the closest to Havi that has some thumping bass?

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #1,551 of 2,486
As long as I remember there is "bass" version of Havi`s. 

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #1,552 of 2,486
As long as I remember there is "bass" version of Havi`s. 

If you're speaking about the Havi B3 Pro2 they're not what he's looking for.

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #1,554 of 2,486
Maybe he means the B3 Pro 2? Thought those were supposed to be a bass-tuned model.

Yes sorry, I wrote wrong. Will edit my post. Anyway they're not what he's looking for.

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #1,555 of 2,486
Haha I was about to correct you Peter.

I'm wondering the Havi B3 Pro 1 is perhaps as good as it gets without going over $200 for this particular sound signature/quality?  I'm using Meelec DF on them right now and realizing how low these can go on the sub-bass.  It still lacks slam though.. but maybe that's the point?  

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #1,557 of 2,486
Haha I was about to correct you Peter.

I'm wondering the Havi B3 Pro 1 is perhaps as good as it gets without going over $200 for this particular sound signature/quality?  I'm using Meelec DF on them right now and realizing how low these can go on the sub-bass.  It still lacks slam though.. but maybe that's the point?  

I've been looking for that IEM for quite a while now so please let me know if you find them :wink:

On my quest I've been lucky enough to encounter a couple of others that I appreciate as much as the B3's but that's IEM's with other signatures. Ironically enough the closest I've come for less than $200 is the upgraded B3 Pro1 that's, while slightly fuller sounding across the whole spectrum, still lack the slam and impact from the CKR9 for example.

Very often more bass slam also mean less sounstage width. Even the FAD Heaven VII don't really have more slam.

I think that the Havi B6 is our only hope. To bad it's release date is written in the stars.....

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #1,558 of 2,486
  I came here to ask how the LZ-A2's compare to the Havi's and I guess I got my answer.  Thanks for the comparisons guys.

I "misplaced" my Havi's for the last few months and my wife found them while cleaning out some stuff.. (thank goodness they didn't get thrown out by accident).  Anyway, I'm listening to them now and loving them.  I even forgot my NX1 at home.. my work pc and youtube seem good enough to power them.

This may seem like a silly question since we're chatting about a sub-$100 thread, and you guys have kind of answered the question of what might be a direct upgrade to the Havi (might not be one without shelling out big $$$), but I'm just wondering if I wanted to upgrade the bass a bit, like add a bit of bass slam while still having the gorgeous presentation of treble/mids/soundstage of the Havi, what would you guys recommend?  What's the closest to Havi that has some thumping bass?

Try EQ? I felt some pretty decent results by using the bass boost function on my Fiio E6. Cuz we here on the thread have had pretty much the same consensus for a while now: if you want an IEM that has the combination of treble/mids/soundstage the Havi B3 Pro 1 produces, then buy a Havi B3 Pro 1. Your best bet for the same sound as the B3 Pro 1 with added bass is a B3 Pro 1 with a little bass boost. At least that's what I've found in my little experience as a Head-Fier.

I've been looking for that IEM for quite a while now so please let me know if you find them
wink.gif

On my quest I've been lucky enough to encounter a couple of others that I appreciate as much as the B3's but that's IEM's with other signatures. Ironically enough the closest I've come for less than $200 is the upgraded B3 Pro1 that's, while slightly fuller sounding across the whole spectrum, still lack the slam and impact from the CKR9 for example.

Very often more bass slam also mean less sounstage width. Even the FAD Heaven VII don't really have more slam.

I think that the Havi B6 is our only hope. To bad it's release date is written in the stars.....

They'll put it out when it's DONE......I guess the least we can hope for is that they are actually still working on it. The best we can hope for is that the reason they're still working on it is because they've at least read some of the stuff we've written in this thread and gone "It's still missing that special something our B3 Pro 1 model had....let's spend some more time tweaking it. As long as we get this right, people won't care too much about the delayed timeline." I sure hope that's how they were thinking
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #1,559 of 2,486
so the consensus is, that when somebody would do the B3 Pro1 with the LZ A2's bass that'd be the perfect iem? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back