Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Dec 11, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #1,576 of 2,486
I am using Sennheiser wide bore tips, what could be better and where to buy?

Dec 11, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #1,577 of 2,486
Some really quick impressions.

Coming from ~2 weeks of the KZ ZS1, which is the bassiest earphone I've heard, the Pro 1 seemed pretty anemic down low. Now that I've more or less adjusted to them I still think they're very bass light, but the bass that is there is very well done. Quick and detailed. It's right in tune with the rest of the signature. Any more bass would ruin the balance imo.

Mids on these are amazing. For voices they are steller. So natural. They've already become my go to for video with commentary. I was expecting them to be pretty bright given the conservative bass, but nope. Surprisingly chill. Lots of detail, very crisp. They even work pretty well with low quality files.

I'm even liking them straight out of my HTC One M8, though they do benefit from an amp (as everyone already knows).

Dec 11, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #1,578 of 2,486
  Some really quick impressions.

Coming from ~2 weeks of the KZ ZS1, which is the bassiest earphone I've heard, the Pro 1 seemed pretty anemic down low. Now that I've more or less adjusted to them I still think they're very bass light, but the bass that is there is very well done. Quick and detailed. It's right in tune with the rest of the signature. Any more bass would ruin the balance imo.

They even work pretty well with low quality files.

I find the bass to be rather lacking actually, Though a bump on the EQ fixes that without ruining the sound sig.

And I find them to work horribly with LQ files, I can hear the compression somewhat clearly with the Havis.
They still sound good though.

Dec 11, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #1,579 of 2,486
  I find the bass to be rather lacking actually, Though a bump on the EQ fixes that without ruining the sound sig.

And I find them to work horribly with LQ files, I can hear the compression somewhat clearly with the Havis.
They still sound good though.

I haven't messed around with eqing them yet. Any specific settings you would recommend?

I have a lot of earphones that are just nasty and painful to listen to with low quality files (Titan 1, S500i, FXT90, some of the brighter KZs, etc.) and I was completely expecting these to be the same. I can hear the compression as well, but it's avoids the harshness of those other phones. More than serviceable enough for my needs (drowning out noisy people on the phones at work) :)

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #1,580 of 2,486

JVC Spiral Dots or KZ wide-bore whirlwinds for me. Prefer the SDs more for their comfort.

I'm just trying the KZ wide-bore whirlwinds now (they're the grey ones with blue inside right?).  I'm finding that the sub-bass has dropped out a bit.  I normally use Meelec Dual Flange tips on them.

Edit: This may not work for everyone, but I found KZ tips to open up the highs a bit too much as well, but when I did one ear MEEDF and the other ear KZ, it evens out pretty nicely lol

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #1,581 of 2,486
The Spiral Dots are pretty expensive though :c

You should be able to find Spiral Dots for a decent price now on ebay.  I think I got a pack of 6 for $20?

Dec 11, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #1,582 of 2,486
Dec 11, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #1,583 of 2,486

Yup i meant 'is' better 
biggrin.gif

The Flare R2A are great in their own right. But having to use comply tips for optimal sound was a bit of a hassle, and its soundstage and sound overall was too dependant on positioning of the iem correctly in your ears. Given their diminutive size, this was easier said than done. I prefer just popping in and listening. This, combined with the Duke sounding better to my ears, led to the R2A leaving my stable.

The R2A had some of the most fun bass I have heard. Very articulate and controlled but still fun. I just wish it was easier to consistently get a good sound out of it.

But yeah B3 Pro 1 still rocks 
beerchug.gif

Fit and comfort was better for me with the R2A, wasn't too hard to get it into my ears. Guess it just worked better for me than it did for you. I'm not sure yet if I like the Duke or R2A better, would have to do more comparison. I think fidelity-wise, they're fairly close, each certainly trading blows, but I dunno which sound sig I like better. Honestly, I intend to sell off at least one of them, maybe both of them. I've got too many IEMs right now (I know, I only have like 8ish, but that's already too much for me!), so I gotta sell some of them off. Tough decisions though. The only ones I so far know I'm absolutely keeping are the Havi B3, Trinity Audio Hyperion, and Earwerkz Supra 2. Tralucent 1+2 is already in the FS/FT forum, though no one has yet bitten in the States, Fidue A83 is still quite high on my list, but its comfort factor is what puts it in the might-sell category, 1964 Ears Qi will probably get sold at some point, and the Trinity Audio Delta, while extremely good, is on the chopping block for the simple reason of me having too many IEMs and needing to downsize haha.

Dec 11, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #1,584 of 2,486
AHhhhh.... My Havis have been sitting in a box for a couple of months now. I know I'm a monster!!! 
frown.gif

Just chucked them in my ears and WOW I forgot how good they are. Listening to the Ghost in the Shell Arise OST, just brilliant! So dynamic! I need to make more time for them.

(PS. You really need to get this track in FLAC or at least 320 MP3 as this YT version compresses a lot of the dynamics)

Dec 12, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #1,585 of 2,486
I'm using the new B3 with my VR setup and it's some crazy magic to hear things accurately in 3D space with head tracking. When your brain hears the sound coming from a visual cue at the exact same time and place... Everything just becomes so convincing and no longer as if there's a barrier between you and the virtual. 

Dec 12, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #1,586 of 2,486
  I'm using the new B3 with my VR setup and it's some crazy magic to hear things accurately in 3D space with head tracking. When your brain hears the sound coming from a visual cue at the exact same time and place... Everything just becomes so convincing and no longer as if there's a barrier between you and the virtual. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back