Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Oct 11, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #3,241 of 4,032
The pro 1 has little to no bass so far for me, but I'm used to the pro 2 on eq2 on my e11 which is very bassy, but it handles it so well and the kids and highs are still clear so why not have all the bass they can handle

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #3,242 of 4,032
The pro 1 has little to no bass so far for me, but I'm used to the pro 2 on eq2 on my e11 which is very bassy, but it handles it so well and the kids and highs are still clear so why not have all the bass they can handle

U are a basshead then,,,consider se 215 or cheaper ttpods

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #3,244 of 4,032
U are a basshead then,,,consider se 215 or cheaper ttpods

+1, lol.

If the Pro2 is ones preferred sound signature it's likely that you'll not enjoy the Pro1.

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #3,246 of 4,032
The more I listen to them the more I like them,but I think I would be happier with something else, so I looked and theres a se215 for trade up on here
smily_headphones1.gif

Be warned they are not very clean sounding,especially the mids.
Please give a thought to ttpod's,,,reviews are positive and classify them as basshead audiophile iem's

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #3,247 of 4,032
Please give a thought to ttpod's,,,reviews are positive and classify them as basshead audiophile iem's

It's so hard to know what you want from reviews, but I'm going to try to trade one of these and maybe one amp if I need to, then if I don't like them as smudge I can trade them for something maybe worth a little more

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #3,248 of 4,032
pro 1 has an bass response,,,anything higher is bass loving category imho.

I agree, actually my whole perception of what's good bass has changed pretty dramatic since I got the B3's about a year ago.

SE215 got more and boomier bass than the T1E but the T1E's bass is very well implemented with not too much bloat or boominess. I actually took out my SE215 today for the first time in a long while (was finishing up my Brainwavz S5 review and wanted to do some comparison) and it's bass is really tiresome to me.

Edit: one of the VSD3 siblings is also a good choice if one wants more bass but still a nice soundstage in both depth and width (not B3 size but still good).

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #3,249 of 4,032
I agree, actually my whole perception of what's good bass has changed pretty dramatic since I got the B3's about a year ago.
SE215 got more and boomier bass than the T1E but the T1E's bass is very well implemented with not too much bloat or boominess. I actually took out my SE215 today for the first time in a long while (was finishing up my Brainwavz S5 review and wanted to do some comparison) and it's bass is really tiresome to me.

Edit: one of the VSD3 siblings is also a good choice if one wants more bass but still a nice soundstage in both depth and width (not B3 size but still good).

Thanks for your earlier comparison btw much appreciated. I am a self professed basshead but then again I the JVC FR201s are the only non terrible IEMs I have ever had and I managed to pick ?them up on clearance. I will try to keep an open mind about the Pro 1, and hopefully the VSD3 and Pro 1 will complement each other very well.

On that thought, Would you say that the VSD3 sounds better than the Havi B3 Pro 2? I believe you mentioned that there are IEMs that do better than what the Pro 2s are trying to.

Cheers.

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #3,250 of 4,032
All IEMs I've ever tried are too compromised including the Havis. It lacks in bass, there are bass sounds and textures that the Havi is not giving you, trust me I've heard it with my cans as a reference. I'm not really a bass head but I like it together with everything else including mids and highs. I'm still waiting for a relatively affordable IEM that give me what my cans do, good sub bass, good mid bass, good mids and good highs with no bleed whatsoever with good separation and a big soundstage. Which is why I keep buying these IEMs hoping to find "the one"

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #3,251 of 4,032
Thanks for your earlier comparison btw much appreciated. I am a self professed basshead but then again I the JVC FR201s are the only non terrible IEMs I have ever had and I managed to pick ?them up on clearance. I will try to keep an open mind about the Pro 1, and hopefully the VSD3 and Pro 1 will complement each other very well.

On that thought, Would you say that the VSD3 sounds better than the Havi B3 Pro 2? I believe you mentioned that there are IEMs that do better than what the Pro 2s are trying to.

Cheers.

No problem :)

I've only got the VSD3S but I like them a lot and the do have significant more bass than the B3's without feeling overly bassy.

Other good choices with increased bass would be Xiomi Piston 2.0, TTpod T1E, NarMoo S1, and even the KZ EDSE sounds better to my ears (although some of those are also to bassy for me :wink: ).

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #3,252 of 4,032
Sorry to turn this thread to recommendations but this seems to be a good place since you know what I'm comparing stuff to

Any opinions on the se215 vs gr06? Those are the two things I've seen so far along to trade for a b3 pro 1

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #3,253 of 4,032
Sorry to turn this thread to recommendations but this seems to be a good place since you know what I'm comparing stuff to

Any opinions on the se215 vs gr06? Those are the two things I've seen so far along to trade for a b3 pro 1

Tbh I find both of those to be outdated to a lot on the new offerings. If I had to choose between them my choice would be the GR06.

To my ears all of those I mentioned above are better than those two. They're also cheaper so shouldn't be a problem to trade for one of those.

Oct 11, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #3,254 of 4,032

Thanks - I'll keep those in mind.

In the meantime, I pulled out my big bag that's filled with little bags of tips, and one little bag (that irritatingly doesn't have a label so I don't know which iems they belong to) caught my eye due to the wide bore.

The tip on the left is the one (the tip on the right is the double flange that came with the B3's):

Anyway, those tips seal really well and achieve that uber-magical sound for me. Also, they are quite comfortable, so for now I am quite content! If I figure out where they came from, I will post it.

I found another tip similar to the left one I posted earlier (above), but this one has an even wider bore.

Tip on left is the first magical tip tried, and the one on the right is even more magical:

Bass is great, highs sound spot on for me. I don't think it can be emphasized enough how important tip selection is for bringing out the most of the B3's.

Oct 12, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #3,255 of 4,032
Good enough just like this...tomorrow begins tip rolling time. Only thing I'm concerned about these is cable quality/ longevity. Honestly if a recable for these isnt outrageous it'd be cool to get them recabled to detachable. Not sure if its worth it price wise or not though, but I thouroughly enjoy this iem, more so than I did the re400 or re262. Not that its sonically better, its just fun sounding and crystal clear and clean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back