Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 22, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #1,801 of 4,032
Could you give me a little review? If we are OT you can pm me. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

It's too early for that.  I'll post my impressions in a few weeks.

I just got the Havi's yesterday.

Aug 22, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #1,803 of 4,032
Oh, sorry. I didn't know that. Take your time
smily_headphones1.gif

No problem!  I was tempted to post impressions but I find that waiting a few weeks usually helps to filter out some of the "new-toy bias" that we're all prone to make. 

Aug 22, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #1,804 of 4,032
  awesome review! I'd have to say too, the pictures you take looks so professional. Is that solely because of lighting or editting?

There's a lot of good lighting in the room during the day so I just sorta take advantage of that. And, yes, there is a little bit of editing :wink: 

Hi everybody!
Do you think i should pair the b3 with an amp (like the nx1) since i'll use them with a sansa clip+? 

Try it out! The NX1 is a very powerful amplifier and handles all sources well. It's a pretty good investment for 38 bucks on Ebay

Aug 22, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #1,807 of 4,032
Ohh thanks have you use any of this little amps with your SRH840?  I have a Fiio X3 I know it is amped in any way, but I would like to know if purchasing an additional portable amp will improve the sound somehow with the Havis and the shure ?

Thanks 

Aug 22, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #1,808 of 4,032

No problem!  I was tempted to post impressions but I find that waiting a few weeks usually helps to filter out some of the "new-toy bias" that we're all prone to make. 

You're totally right. When things are still new and shiny our judgement is blinded.

There's a lot of good lighting in the room during the day so I just sorta take advantage of that. And, yes, there is a little bit of editing :wink: 

Try it out! The NX1 is a very powerful amplifier and handles all sources well. It's a pretty good investment for 38 bucks on Ebay

Thanks for the link but, unfortunately, the seller you suggested doesn't ship to Italy. Still searching :)

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #1,810 of 4,032
i received my havi b3s

haha i'll have to remind myself never to trust head-fi again, you guys hype stuff up way too much

i'll give it to you guys; the havis are airy, but only compared to other in ears.

if you guys think these have some magically huge soundstage or something, you're quite mistaken, and/or never touched an open headphone before. hd650/he400 beats these by a mile, no contest whatsoever. then again, these are $60 earbuds sooo...what was i expecting? i guess the IEM game has been quite ****ty for awhile for these to be "insanely good for the price"

separation is very very good though, ESPECIALLY for an IEM, helps a lot with the detail.

overall, yes, i'd say these were worth the $60. i would not pay more than $100, especially considering how uncomfortable/unwieldy these are for an iem.

really makes me rethink whether i really want to pay big money for ciems...at this point i honestly feel like if i went with ciems, it'd be a huge downgrade from my home setups.

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #1,812 of 4,032
duhzzzzzz......

comparing an iem to an open can....cant fault your optimism :) 

errrmmm try FX850...another train, might work. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back