Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 19, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #1,696 of 4,032

Got my B3 Pro 1's last week and will be doing a full review of 'em soon. Today they received their recommended 200 hrs of burn-in and I''m gonna work on my impressions. It'll be my first real review of a pair of headphones so I'm gonna do my best. Keep an eye out for it guys! :D 

A gentle reminder that the crowds camping here for your impressions is getting larger and impatient. Better submit your review before you see the axe starts coming through your door.

ROTFL!!!!

Aug 19, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #1,697 of 4,032

Get them ronant. IM70's signature is a bit fuller (the B3 is not lacking at all though), but the Havi has more clarity and is more refined. And I'm thinking it's somewhat more detailed too, but I want more burn-in on it before I say that definitively. I don't think I've heard a better earphone at $100 or less though. And I'm saying this with only about 15 hours of burn-in on it. The fellas who jumped on this earphone first clearly got it right. I think it easily beats out the Tenore and Ostry.

Thank you very much Eric. I will take your advice crossing out Tenore and Ostry from my list and get the B3 after the shipment of my  Ttpod T1E and SMSL Sap-5 arrives.

I really like my IM70. Vocals sounds so great on IM70 so I really wonder if B3 would give the same SQ for vocals. 

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #1,698 of 4,032
Didn't think so, but @adammax was offering S1 as an alternative...

Yeah I noticed, just wanted to make clear that to me they got very little in common. 

But adammax is right the S1's got more bass, I just don't see them as an alternative for someone considering the B3 Pro1.

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #1,699 of 4,032
Yeah I noticed, just wanted to make clear that to me they got very little in common. 

But adammax is right the S1's got more bass, I just don't see them as an alternative for someone considering the B3 Pro1.

Thanks for clarifying, Peter! You confirmed my gut feeling that S1 isn't a good substitute for B3 :smile:.

Aug 19, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #1,700 of 4,032
Thanks for clarifying, Peter! You confirmed my gut feeling that S1 isn't a good substitute for B3 :smile:.

images

Aug 19, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #1,702 of 4,032

Thank you very much Eric. I will take your advice crossing out Tenore and Ostry from my list and get the B3 after the shipment of my  Ttpod T1E and SMSL Sap-5 arrives.

I really like my IM70. Vocals sounds so great on IM70 so I really wonder if B3 would give the same SQ for vocals. 

Yes, vocal are very clear and detailed like they are in the IM70. But I just want you to know tht IM70 is very neutral, so the signature is not like the IM70 at all, but it is just as good in my opinion.

Aug 19, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #1,703 of 4,032
My asus padfone powers the HAVI with no problem.

i use the HAVI for classicals...i use the S1 for pops.

Aug 19, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #1,705 of 4,032
How are B3 vs BA200, GR07  MK2, and Singolo?

Aug 19, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #1,706 of 4,032
Got mine today and after some tip testing i found the double flanges best for me and after 1 hour of listening i can easily say that these are the best sounding iems i heard so far. I haven't heard too much iems in my live but quite a lot full size headphones and the havi b3 pro I sounds better (more to my liking) than many full sized headphones i tried and for the 38€ i paid i am ultra amazed! Now that i know how much i like them i would have no problem paying 150€ of more.
Btw right now i am listening to them unamped through my moto x and think they sound very good but a little better amped with topping nx1.
Compared to my previous fave the tdk ie800 vocals sound more relaxing but not more recessed just a little less shouty. Treble is much more enjoyable very detailed and less peaky and very important -no sibilance- which i absolutely hate. Bass wise it got a little less midbass, equal subbass quantity and overall it sounds super tight. And all this without burn in and about 3 hours of listening so of they get even better i aint mad :p

Just some words and impressions from me because i really like them and maybe it helps anybodys decision :wink:

Aug 19, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #1,708 of 4,032
Still my fav after all this time, and absolutely spanked my "bassy, non reference" Tenores.

Blasphemy! Lol - actually, I don't doubt it. I feel that my kc06's do some spanking of their own... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back