Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 6, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #1,336 of 4,032
I agree to a certain extent.

Sound stage IMHO is broken down into width and depth....

Actually three: Soundstage width, soundstage height and soundstage depth (in an empty environment (filled with air) sound waves travels in all the ways, thats why we call a good soundstaging iem as 3D sometimes).

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #1,337 of 4,032
yes...depth,  width...and height.

and lately, the density/resolution/details within the above soundscape...
like how dense the pixels of a tv tube is.   ( LOL..i am going nuts...hearing things ! )

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #1,338 of 4,032
yes...depth,  width...and height.
and lately, the density/resolution/details within the above soundscape...
like how dense the pixels of a tv tube is.   ( LOL..i am going nuts...hearing things ! )

Lol! Still digging the B3's I see Lors!

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #1,339 of 4,032
It isnt jus the b3...but the b3 has the ability to output what is ahead of the stream marvelously.

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #1,340 of 4,032
in case anyone is interested in the havi and the vsd3s here are my quick impressions

i just got my vsd3s today, and i have the havis for about 4 days now!.

first impression: based on my ipod touch with a few losseless files and 320kps and some 256 AAC i only had like 1 hour with the vsd3s and about 4 hours on the havis so this is really short but that aside:

s is that the havis definitely have a very wide sound stage bigger than the vsd3s both in height and width 

but the vsd3s is quite spacious in its own right but just not like the havis

the havis and the vsd3s are tuned quite differently. the vsd3s is very warm and full bodied where the havis is more neutral and transperant sounding. i actually think the vsd3s goes lower in terms of the bass than the havis and have a lot more weight there. however i think the havis have an airier treble and the mids... wow the mids are another level. i haven't experienced this kind of clarity in the mids, i can easily pick up everything my female vocals are saying and i can hear each breath, each note, each everything really. where on the vsd3s it seems to smooth over the mids in terms of detail. but its not bad in anyway for sure! just in comparison

the havis also are really finicky (i think thats how you spell it) with tips and fit (oddly its shape is similar to the vsd3s, but it doesn't slip in as easily as the vsd3s with the exact same tip)

anyway find the tips on the havi can definitely easily tune it to make it warmer just using the various tips out of the box can change the sound very much. 

also oddly enough i find the vsd3s better isolating even thought both are completely sealed housings.

i will do a full review on each of these guys and a comparison video as well. i really think most people would be super happy with either, but if someone gets both, don't worry about their sound overlapping! 

They complement each other very well

but as stated earlier the havis do eat away at your battery ( the specs have to be wrong, theres no way i need to turn my ipod touch to almost 50% to get them to my normal listening levels.

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #1,341 of 4,032
My Havi arrived this afternoon.

So far I'm really pleased with them straight from Studio V, best of all they don't hiss at all with the Hisound player. I'm going to let them run in for a while to let the drivers settle though using Heir tips the soundstage, separation, imaging and detail are quite obvious strong points of these earphones. 

They sound really open in width from left/right and the instrument separation is really apparent.

I'll report back later on though so far more than pleased with what I'm hearing! 

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #1,343 of 4,032

So far I'm really pleased with them straight from Studio V, best of all they don't hiss at all with the Hisound player. I'm going to let them run in for a while to let the drivers settle though using Heir tips the soundstage, separation, imaging and detail are quite obvious strong points of these earphones. 

They sound really open in width from left/right and the instrument separation is really apparent.

I'll report back later on though so far more than pleased with what I'm hearing! 

Don't forget to try it on the C3
wink_face.gif
 Still need to know which to choose after the DX50 got sold.

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #1,344 of 4,032
  ^Awesome, glad you like the havi

Got myself an o2 today and boy do the b3 sound amazing on them. Real happy right now just switching between the havi and my noble 4s and both really shine.

Thanks! O2 is a good amp, I can see it pairing well with Havi.

Don't forget to try it on the C3
wink_face.gif
 Still need to know which to choose after the DX50 got sold.

To be honest I don't think C3 had enough power for these, it sounded decent though it's quite obvious the benefits in using Havi with an amp. They sounded great from the Studio V, and surprisingly DX50 headphone out,  (maybe due to the dynamic drivers over BA) however when I added JDS C421 from DX50 line out wow, they sound especially nice.

Let me settle in and play around with different sources though you might be better of buying an amp for DX50, like JDS C5. As I believe UI is a big part of the user experience and that's something DX50 has over both C3 and the Studios.   With some quick mucking around the synergy list would be from best to worse. (nothing concrete)

DX50 / JDS C421
DX50
Studio V 
Colorfly C3 (under powered alone / haven't tried with an amp yet)

Keep in mind that's only from an hour or two of mucking around. When I added the amp to DX50 line out that was the biggest wow so far..

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #1,345 of 4,032
Hi! I'm looking a good sounding IEM to use while running. Someone pointed me to this B3 pro 1 I didn't know. Is someone using them for running/working out? Is their build quality acceptable for this purpose? How do they cope with sweat? Do they stay in place while running?
In general, how do they pair with Sansa Clip Plus (rockboxed, for flac) and/or iphone 5?
Thank you :)

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #1,346 of 4,032

Thanks! O2 is a good amp, I can see it pairing well with Havi.

To be honest I don't think C3 had enough power for these, it sounded decent though it's quite obvious the benefits in using Havi with an amp. They sounded great from the Studio V, and surprisingly DX50 headphone out,  (maybe due to the dynamic drivers over BA) however when I added JDS C421 from DX50 line out wow, they sound especially nice.

Let me settle in and play around with different sources though you might be better of buying an amp for DX50, like JDS C5. As I believe UI is a big part of the user experience and that's something DX50 has over both C3 and the Studios.   With some quick mucking around the synergy list would be from best to worse. (nothing concrete)

DX50 / JDS C421
DX50
Studio V 
Colorfly C3 (under powered alone / haven't tried with an amp yet)

Keep in mind that's only from an hour or two of mucking around. When I added the amp to DX50 line out that was the biggest wow so far..

The B3 sounds amazing on the DX50. Haven't tried to add an amp to the DX50 while using the Havi, but I want something that is capable of being better than iPods in SQ on any IEM 
wink_face.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #1,347 of 4,032
  Hi! I'm looking a good sounding IEM to use while running. Someone pointed me to this B3 pro 1 I didn't know. Is someone using them for running/working out? Is their build quality acceptable for this purpose? How do they cope with sweat? Do they stay in place while running?
In general, how do they pair with Sansa Clip Plus (rockboxed, for flac) and/or iphone 5?
Thank you :)

I, myself, wouldn't use them for running as they are kinda large and not really an on-the-move iem. There build quality is pretty good though! They are more enjoyable sitting and relaxing. The fit is a little bothersome for me, and I personally would use something more comfortable & smaller or more secure for running like the Meelectronics M6(Joker's recommendation), or the Philips SHE3590, or even the pretty new TTPOD T1-E. 
That said, they might work and are pretty great from a technical, SQ standpoint, way better than the M6 or SHE3590. Someone else like Baycode or another can back me up or possibly refute me.

Hope it helps! 
smile.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #1,348 of 4,032

Nice!
Yours arrived first!
beerchug.gif

Looking forward to your impressions. Specially as to how the havi's pair with the dx50.
wink.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #1,349 of 4,032
  The B3 sounds amazing on the DX50. Haven't tried to add an amp to the DX50 while using the Havi, but I want something that is capable of being better than iPods in SQ on any IEM 
wink_face.gif

The biggest advantage using an amp with DX50 / Havi was soundstage width, pleasing soundstage on these Havi, at least with JDS C421.

With C3 headphone out I'm needing to lift the volume to about 35/40 which is a fair amount, I think Havi can benefit more from some power. (you can just feel it)

DX50 headphone out I use medium gain, though it is good and probably (for this pairing) my preference over Studio V

The Studio V still sounds great especially marrying Havi / Studio instrument separation though you cannot ignore the soundstage from DX50/JDS C421.

Nice!
Yours arrived first!
beerchug.gif

Looking forward to your impressions. Specially as to how the havi's pair with the dx50.
wink.gif

It's a good pairing with DX50, clean and detailed, though I still think adding an amp really brings out the most from Havi, especially their great soundstage.

All in all, the pairing with DX50 is great. I have x3 amps coming soon, one of them being C&C BH, I think Havi with BH and a slight flick of the amps LF switch will work well.

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #1,350 of 4,032
  I, myself, wouldn't use them for running as they are kinda large and not really an on-the-move iem. There build quality is pretty good though! They are more enjoyable sitting and relaxing. The fit is a little bothersome for me, and I personally would use something more comfortable & smaller or more secure for running like the Meelectronics M6(Joker's recommendation), or the Philips SHE3590, or even the pretty new TTPOD T1-E. 
That said, they might work and are pretty great from a technical, SQ standpoint, way better than the M6 or SHE3590. Someone else like Baycode or another can back me up or possibly refute me.

Hope it helps! 
smile.gif

It helps, thank you! :) 

How do these Havi compare against the yamaha eph100? As these are my current IEMs, I'll have a more precise Idea on how these perform both SQwise and hardwarewise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back