Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Jul 26, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #1,112 of 4,032
Just found that included tips that put on b3 out of the box is L-size and there is Medium-size in in the box(first i thought it was L and M is on the IEM).So comfortable issue is gone.

I like the large ones of those too, while it doesn't get into the earcanal and stays at the beginnig of it. It sounds the best for me, but starts to hurt after 30 min. So comfort-wise I'm using the Sony hybrids right now. (Don't get proper seal with senn double flange)

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #1,113 of 4,032
Hi everyone! My first post here so sorry for my terrible english lol.
I just got my Havi B3 pro 1 after hearing a lot of good things about it here. I was skeptical about spending 60$ for a headphone at first (I was pretty stunned when i saw those 4-digit$ headphones up here). But now i have to say that it was the best 60$ i have ever spent. This is just so much better than my gifted Ur-beats and cost a hell lot less. I don't know much about the frequencies or those technical terms for describing sound (noob here) but I have to say listening to Hotel California by The Eagles feel so good now, It's like i'm actually there! The drum, the guitars, even the clap of the audience feels so real!
I do have to admit though, much as it improved from my last IEM, I have to crank the volume up to almost 25-30/30 (My source is Lumia 1520) to actually hear the music, while the urbeats only need about 16-20/30. This drain alot of batteries from my phone so i was wondering if I should buy an amp (as you guys suggested here) for these. I wouldn't mind spending another 50$ for an amp if it could improve sound qualities by a large margin (as you guys stated here) and to be able to listen at volume 15/30. And if it does, can you guys suggest some great amp for me? Thank you in advance

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #1,114 of 4,032
Hi everyone! My first post here so sorry for my terrible english lol.

I just got my Havi B3 pro 1 after hearing a lot of good things about it here. I was skeptical about spending 60$ for a headphone at first (I was pretty stunned when i saw those 4-digit$ headphones up here). But now i have to say that it was the best 60$ i have ever spent. This is just so much better than my gifted Ur-beats and cost a hell lot less. I don't know much about the frequencies or those technical terms for describing sound (noob here) but I have to say listening to Hotel California by The Eagles feel so good now, It's like i'm actually there! The drum, the guitars, even the clap of the audience feels so real!

I do have to admit though, much as it improved from my last IEM, I have to crank the volume up to almost 25-30/30 (My source is Lumia 1520) to actually hear the music, while the urbeats only need about 16-20/30. This drain alot of batteries from my phone so i was wondering if I should buy an amp (as you guys suggested here) for these. I wouldn't mind spending another 50$ for an amp if it could improve sound qualities by a large margin (as you guys stated here) and to be able to listen at volume 15/30. And if it does, can you guys suggest some great amp for me? Thank you in advance

On this thread the most recommended amp to pair with B3 is Topping NX1......

Jul 26, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #1,116 of 4,032
it is understood that you guys make me gonna have Havi sooner or later  

Jul 26, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #1,117 of 4,032
Don't worry, I will never post a photo or answer a PM (or share more info). I don't find it ethiccaly right.

Good on you Baycode. Do update us on timelines or rough updates, if Havi permits! We need to prepare ourselves and our wallets 
biggrin.gif

Anyway, back on track with some contribution. I've noticed some people having issues with iffy fits/ isolation. Someone I know locally did mention the same issue as well. Although foam tips are generally detrimental to the B3s, I would recommend trying out the Comply T400 tips, for those who are looking to try out foamies in hope of a tighter seal.

The T400s which I have (may be a defect) seem to be wider in bore diameter than the T500s, so the nozzle of the B3 does not suffer from constriction/obstruction too much, even when the comply tips deform in the ears when pushed in. I tried one side with the DF and one side with the Complys, and the difference was audible, but barely. I swapped sides just to make sure. DF tips still sound very very slightly more open.

One thing to note is that with the T400s and the form factor of the Havi, the fit isnt totally ideal. The T400s are too big to shove in your ear canals. Sure, the DF don't (and aren't meant) to sit very deep in either, but the T400 fit for me (super small ear canals) are pretty shallow. As a result, instead of having a relatively flush fit as with the DF, the Complys 'stick out' and are left anchored to my ear by the tips themselves, whereas the body of the B3 doesn't have much contact with my ears. This means that whenever I jerk or make sharp head movements, the seal has a slight tendency to loosen sometimes.

Again, this is only for those who have fit/comfort issues with the DF or simply prefer foam tips. YMMV.

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #1,122 of 4,032
  Bass heavy?
You`ve got the Pro 1 or the Pro 2?

Mine is Pro I,  I think it's because I use stock silicone tips that seal my earcanal so well and also iPod classic 4th is very bass heavy player compared to other hi-res player such as dx50.IMO
but to my ears its not reach levelof aurisonics ASGs or Futuresonics for sure. But it's really bassier than Yuin pk2, Visang R02, Hifiman re400 those I have now to compare.

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #1,123 of 4,032
U r off to a great start!! Waiting for your shootout!

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #1,124 of 4,032
Yesterday, borrow a friend's  shure se535v,Se535v cannot exceed B3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back