Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Jul 25, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #1,096 of 4,032
Just got B3 yesterday. Perfectly new-in-seal condition from lendmeurears.com.
out of the box, I feel the sound is too anemic ,sibilance, piercing highs. But after 10 hrs of burn -in its sound completely different. now i'm looking forward to 200+ hrs .

i use iPod classic 4th(b/w) have to bump volume to nearly 90% to get fullness and juice of it.

Overall sq is pleasant and yes it completely changes my preference(I'm quiet basshead). amount of bass on this thing is just right. mids are a bit thin for my taste. highs are very extened and well positioned.
soundstage is awesome wide and deep. imaging is superp. instrument seperation is top notch.

i'm looking for portable amp to improve mids. want to have thicker and more lush mids. please suggest.

ps. sorry for bad english

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #1,099 of 4,032
Just got B3 yesterday. Perfectly new-in-seal condition from lendmeurears.com.
out of the box, I feel the sound is too anemic ,sibilance, piercing highs. But after 10 hrs of burn -in its sound completely different. now i'm looking forward to 200+ hrs .

i use iPod classic 4th(b/w) have to bump volume to nearly 90% to get fullness and juice of it.

Overall sq is pleasant and yes it completely changes my preference(I'm quiet basshead). amount of bass on this thing is just right. mids are a bit thin for my taste. highs are very extened and well positioned.
soundstage is awesome wide and deep. imaging is superp. instrument seperation is top notch.

i'm looking for portable amp to improve mids. want to have thicker and more lush mids. please suggest.

ps. sorry for bad english

You could try the Topping NX1, everyone is liking them.
You`ll get one in the beginning of the next month.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/696825/topping-nx1-portable-headphone-amplifier-impressions-thread/525

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #1,102 of 4,032
i am not an expert with the tips...i am using JVC spiral dot tips...it has got a BIGGER OPENING/ more bass?  (bought it from Amazon japan, when i bot the JVC 850.)

(pic taken beautifully by "earfonia" a headfier ..see the bigbigbore, n the dots inside? ) 

u can scroll back a few pages where this matter of what tips could be used, has been brought up/ experimented by the gurus here.

Jul 26, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #1,103 of 4,032
Has anyone measured FR on the Havi's? Or are there any measurements out there?

The sound stage is surely grand and enticing, but to me it's a part of the Havi's coloration/imaging.

I'm just curious about the behavior lower mid range and upper treble, which to my ears doesn't sound as flat/neutral/reference sounding as others are experience them.

I'm well are of that choice of music preference/source with the Havi's can have a huge difference, so this may be one out of many answers!

Jul 26, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #1,105 of 4,032
Yes there is raw measurement ,but seems from faulty pair when the left & right  has too big difference.

I havent seen any measurements yet. Why not share your finds?

Jul 26, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #1,108 of 4,032
I don't think Baycode should share the photos. Havi and Sons might not appreciate it. We'd lose a line on certain kinds of information in any case, if they knew that Baycode posted everything they provided him.

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #1,110 of 4,032
I don't think Baycode should share the photos. Havi and Sons might not appreciate it. We'd lose a line on certain kinds of information in any case, if they knew that Baycode posted everything they provided him.

Don't worry, I will never post a photo or answer a PM (or share more info). I don't find it ethically right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back