Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
May 26, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #452 of 4,032
I want to buy this for playing games and maybe watching movies
I use it for competitive gaming.. sometimes u need an IEM instead of headphone
is this phones are recommended for that?
thx

For gaming its hard to say, for one thing the having are hard to drive, so where you plug in may effect what you hear (unless you carry an amp).
I found the xba3 to have amazing FYI, imaging with a clean sound, just the trebble had a mettalic tinge which bothered me sometimes.

May 26, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #453 of 4,032
For gaming its hard to say, for one thing the having are hard to drive, so where you plug in may effect what you hear (unless you carry an amp).
I found the xba3 to have amazing FYI, imaging with a clean sound, just the trebble had a mettalic tinge which bothered me sometimes.

I use it on PC.. Its still not enough power?
I never buy an amp so i know nothing

May 26, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #455 of 4,032
woop woop! Just picked up my pair of B3 pro ( 1st gen ) Seriously impressed just right out of the box. What a great iem this is. Sound signature fits my needs perfectly. 

Some quick first observations though. Cable is a bit flimsy. Quite big in the ear, might be a problem for people with small ears. 

And yes! They need an amp to shine. 

May 26, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #457 of 4,032
doesnt matter as long as I know the positioning better
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry 4 my bad english not my native

Positioning is THE star quality of Havi. As a matter of fact, it is a proof that everything else is at the very least quite good. There is no good positioning without reasonably flat ( and matched between channels ) frequency response, low enough distortion right up to very high SPL, etc - the first thing to collapse is the soundstage.

But please do take care that whatever tips you end up using work well for you. Recently, two musicians tried listening to the take(s) just recorded with Havi ( and tips that work for me ) - and they both described sound as thin and treble centric without any bass. Clearly, a  seal problem - meaning I will have to carry some normal non IEM phones for recording sessions ; I do not carry AKG K 1000 or Stax for any but really important sessions, as some musicians can treat audio equipment as if it was expendable ...

May 27, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #460 of 4,032
I just received my havi B3 pro I today from penon audio. They sound really good fro m what I can tell, but it seems like one earbud has less bass than the other one. Should I contact penon audio about this? Has anyone made any experience with their customer service?

May 27, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #461 of 4,032
I just received my havi B3 pro I today from penon audio. They sound really good fro m what I can tell, but it seems like one earbud has less bass than the other one. Should I contact penon audio about this? Has anyone made any experience with their customer service?
make sure it's not a seal problem first

May 27, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #462 of 4,032
well, the default thing to do: switch the channels and see if the problem persists, or have swapped as well. it could be a tip/fit issue.

oh and, if you think they're good now, wait till loosen up over time!

May 27, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #463 of 4,032
issue

I had pretty much the same issue, I emailed and they got me to send them back. I haven't heard back from them yet since I posted it.

For me it appeared to be scooped in the left ear from about 500-1000hz on a sweep. I tried everything to ensure it wasn't the fit or my imagination finally biting the bullet and posting them back.

May 27, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #464 of 4,032
B3 have 2 drivers on each side.

If you burn them or play them with only soft music, bass driver will not be getting much burn-in process.

I suggest anyone having these problems to play bass heavy music during the nights (or while you don't use your iems) on moderate sound levels (for 15-50 hours).

If the problem continues I believe you can always send it back to Penon  (if you bought them from Penon).

I strongly suggest any B3 user to check this page as well (about sound imbalance and taking care of): http://www.head-fi.org/t/711582/havi-b3-pro-1-impressions-thread/240

May 27, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #465 of 4,032
issue
I had pretty much the same issue, I emailed and they got me to send them back. I haven't heard back from them yet since I posted it.

For me it appeared to be scooped in the left ear from about 500-1000hz on a sweep. I tried everything to ensure it wasn't the fit or my imagination finally biting the bullet and posting them back.

How long ago was that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back